Florida Meet Orlando, Longwood, Lake Mary, Sanford
Oct 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #62 of 118
UPDATE

I have updated the original post of this thread to reflect the latest information.

DATE OF MEET NOVEMBER 7, 2009
DEADLINE OCTOBER 17, 2009

I apologize for announcing October 17, prematurely. Even though poll was tied, it seems the majority have opted for November 7. Again, if you haven't done so already, please send me a PM with COUNT ME IN FOR NOVEMBER in the subject heading by October 17. On October 18, I will announce cost per person.

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #63 of 118
UPDATE

You can now see who is coming, and the current # of attendees. In the original post of this thread, I have listed those who have sent me COUNT ME IN FOR NOVEMBER confirmations. So far we have 8 people who are coming for certain. I will continue to update the conformation list in the original post of this thread as I receive them.

EQUIPMENT
For those who are bringing equipment, if you could PM me what you are bringing, so I can update the original post of this thread to reflect that information as well.

Oct 13, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #65 of 118
I have to check my work schedule but I can probably make it. Is participating in the cost of the room a requirement. I live close enough to drive there.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #66 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by cam94z28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to check my work schedule but I can probably make it. Is participating in the cost of the room a requirement. I live close enough to drive there.

Yes, participating in the cost of the room is a requirement. The room is necessary so we have a place to have our meet. That's why we're all chipping in.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #68 of 118
UPDATE

I've added a list of gear that some people are bringing. Please PM me, if you haven't done so already, if you plan on bringing gear. The list is not definitive, as there might be much more equipment coming that is not listed. So use it as a basic point of reference.

No one needs to be embarrassed that they aren't bringing anything, nor should they be embarrassed if they're only brining one thing. The idea is to audition some great equipment; and if you can contribute your own, then all the better. Now matter the quantity, please PM me if you have something to bring to the table.

*Additional Note: We have 9 November confirmations so far.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #69 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, participating in the cost of the room is a requirement. The room is necessary so we have a place to have our meet. That's why we're all chipping in.

N/M, the cost is completely understood. That was a fail (possibly EPIC?) on my part as I thought the $100 fee was per person
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #70 of 118
I can bring:

netbook with music loaded on it
behringer usb ->optical
zero dac
hd580 stock

i'm not sure if it is even worth bringing since there will be much better gear to listen to. What do you guys think?

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #71 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring:

netbook with music loaded on it
behringer usb ->optical
zero dac
hd580 stock

i'm not sure if it is even worth bringing since there will be much better gear to listen to. What do you guys think?

It maybe equipment that some people want to try it. You may as well bring them - because what do you have to lose? I am curious about the "Zero" dac, myself, but my optical port is only on my Mac Pro Tower, which weighs 70lbs! I have a first generation Macbook Pro that I'm bringing, but I don't think it has optical. Regardless, I'd like to sample the "Zero" and see how it compares to my Apogee Duet.

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #72 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It maybe equipment that some people want to try it. You may as well bring them - because what do you have to lose? I am curious about the "Zero" dac, myself, but my optical port is only on my Mac Pro Tower, which weighs 70lbs! I have a first generation Macbook Pro that I'm bringing, but I don't think it has optical. Regardless, I'd like to sample the "Zero" and see how it compares to my Apogee Duet.

Macbook Pros all have optical. Definitely if you have the 15". 13" 2nd gen has it for me. I am bringing the mini optical adapter if you wish to listen on your macbook.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #73 of 118
Question...how long/what hours are we thinking of holding this? I'm coming from the Ft. Lauderale area (a little north) so it's a 3 hour drive. If I need to sleep somewhere, that might be nice
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #74 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget that while there may be better high end rigs to listen to, it is nice to have various price ranges because not everyone can afford the higher-end stuff, so mid-fi or lower-end gear present at meets provides an opportunity to know what they can both like and afford.

Also, some people prefer simpler rigs for say, office setup.

As George Bush said: No rig left behind!

Well, something to that effect, anyway...

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #75 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question...how long/what hours are we thinking of holding this? I'm coming from the Ft. Lauderale area (a little north) so it's a 3 hour drive. If I need to sleep somewhere, that might be nice
biggrin.gif

As I understand it the idea is to start at 9am-10am and end at about 6pm-7pm. But f00fighters can correct me.

BTW, I believe today is the deadline for commitment so the room can be reserved.
wink.gif

I do not believe it is out of place to remind all of us of meet etiquette.
wink.gif

1. Please on this day do not oil/grease your hair. We do not want the oil/grease on our gear.
2. Same with perfume/cologne we do not want it transferred to our gear.
3. Do not bring food or drinks to the listening station, accidents happen and well ... we do not want that.
4. If you have eaten a greasy burger or pizza (and we all love them) please wash your hand before picking up or touching the gear.
5. Please ask before taking, specially if you wish to take a headphone to another rig.
6. If you want to plug or unplug a headphone please lower the volume, if SS turn it off in addition to lowering the volume.

On a similar thought please remember to bring extension cords, adapters you may need, and small towels to place your delicate headphones to prevent scratching them. Cheers and lets have fun!

If you have any other suggestions please share them. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back