Florida Audio Expo 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2023 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tlite

Head-Fier
Here’s the link:

http://floridaaudioexpo.com

Sherri from Geshelli told me about this show. They’ll be exhibiting and looks like most of the major headphone audio brands will be there.

Thinking about heading over there (about a two hour drive for me). Any insights on this show? Worth attending just as a hobbyist?

Jan 13, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I might go, gonna be on that coast anyways that weekend. Interested to hear other’s perspectives if they’ve gone before.

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 5
I live pretty far from there too but would like to go because it's the only thing like that anywhere near me haha. And I've never been before either but saw a bit on it last year looked like a blast. I wonder if you can buy stuff there or if it's just for looking.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 5
So I went!

I was there Saturday. The good and the bad is that it was really well attended. I don't think the organizers were expecting this.

TONS of amazing rooms and companies represented. From a Head-Fi perspective, the Moon Audio and Audeze rooms were ridiculously good. Could've spent half the day in those two rooms.

I can fill in details if anyone is interested but I went for about half a day Saturday and felt like it was a 2 day show. Hit the high points but misse out on a lot of stuff because I had to get back to Orlando.

Really- I wasn't expecting it to be so good but it was. The organizers and exhibitors really surpassed my expectations- I mean, there was almost no info on this show. If it's as good next year, worth going especially if you can drive there.

I tried a bunch of headphones. LOVED the Meze Elites, the Hifiman 1000SE's, and the Cayin HA3A amp. (Thanks Moon Audio.). Also loved the Audeze LCD-5's but... duh.

One company I had never heard of that blew us away was these guys. Not headphones, but wow... incredible gear:
https://margules.com/en/

More examples/experiences to share, but outside of crowded rooms, gotta say it was a good show and on way more peoples' radar than I figured.

Oh- and Geshelli. Nicest people on the planet and they've got some cool new stuff coming out!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh, and there's a bar on the first floor if you need beer to enhance the experience. I didn't, but had one anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back