Flobots - Fight With Tools
May 26, 2008 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MexicanDragon

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard this yet?

I'm liking it. If you listen to popular rock radio stations, you may have heard the song "Handlebars" from them. Kinda has a CAKE-ish feel with hip-hop undertones. The deals a bit with politics, so off-putting to some, I'm sure. It was 6.99$ last week, may be able to find it cheap (9.99$ or less at circuit city today with their Memorial Day sale). I've been listening to it on repeat for a couple days... there are a few REALLY good tracks on there.

**BRENT**

May 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, its growing on me.

I was unimpressed the first couple spins, but I knew it had promise going into it. I try to give things at least 3 tries before damning then to the bin of obscurity, but around the 3rd listen it got better, pretty good, I thought.

Don't have it with me right now or I'd tell you which tracks I enjoyed specifically (other than "Handlebars").

**BRENT**

May 27, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 4
A friend mentions them to me the other day. When they described them I was like "oh sweet, kind of like me new favorite band 'why?' (indie rock with hip-hop)." The album to me has too much rapping in it. I enjoy rap music strangely, so that is not why it turned me off, but there was just something about it that didnt get me. I do love that single though.

If you enjoy that, take a listen to Why? . They are along those lines but more indie rock and less rap. and more of a "white boy" flow to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back