Flipping on ebay
Jul 18, 2012 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alphaphoenix

Banned by order of heir wallet and significant other.
I need to set a record straight.  We all know flipping in the forums is breaking the rules regardless if the item was purchased in the head-fi forsale forums or elsewhere (ebay, Amazon, audiogon, craigslist, heatware...etc). 

Now, what if an item was purchased for under market value and instead of reselling back on head-fi for the same purchase price, but decides to sell it on ebay for market price.  Is that wrong? Are there any rules being broken here?

Keep in mind, there aren't any posts relating to the auction/sale on ebay.  It just came to light because a few head-fi members recognized the seller and the item on ebay and may be a little ticked off and/or envious of the original purchase price.

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Now, what if an item was purchased for under market value and instead of reselling back on head-fi for the same purchase price, but decides to sell it on ebay for market price.  Is that wrong? Are there any rules being broken here?

It may not be the right thing to do but the (re-)seller owns the items and to me they can do whatever they want with it. This includes selling it if they do not need it any more.

Anyway if they sell it for auction on ebay they dont have absolute control over the final selling price... it could just as easily sell for less than they paid for it. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 3
I have no idea if this is about a specific situation, but the last time I heard about this was a guy buying L3000s and similar exotics (this was YEARS ago) after taking advantage of the community's good will, and then turning around and cashing them out on eBay for huge profits. It was *not* well received here. It's generally bad voodoo to take advantage of someone to turn profits for yourself. Doesn't matter how you rationalize it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back