Fleetwood Mac Rumours 24bit/96khz download
Jul 18, 2020 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ruinedx

500+ Head-Fier
I got this download from Acoustic Sounds and I am finding at 1:38 of Dreams there is a split sound dropout that is not on my Amazon MP3 copy of the same album. Has anyone experienced this with HDTRACKS or other 24/96 version? Thanks!

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 7
I don’t recall my sources, but I have 4 versions of Rumours on my hard drive. 3 of them are 24/96 FLAC files and 1 is a DSD file. None of them have a drop out in “Dreams”. Most likely your drop out was caused by a computer/modem glitch on your side. I don’t download anymore but years ago when I did, I occasionally ran into drops out issues. I would call Acoustic Sounds and tell them your issue.

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #3 of 7
I don’t recall my sources, but I have 4 versions of Rumours on my hard drive. 3 of them are 24/96 FLAC files and 1 is a DSD file. None of them have a drop out in “Dreams”. Most likely your drop out was caused by a computer/modem glitch on your side. I don’t download anymore but years ago when I did, I occasionally ran into drops out issues. I would call Acoustic Sounds and tell them your issue.

Guess what? It's in the master.

I just subscribed to a free trial of QOBUZ, a totally different 24bit/96khz source and it has the exact same split second dropout at 1:38 in Dreams that the Acoustic Sounds download has.

I would check your 24/96 downloads again, and listen *really* close. Again this is probably like an 0.1 second dropout, but its there and not in the AMAZON MP3 master which is a different master.

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 7
I listenened again, in the line, “When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know”. I hear a something of a glitch in the word “clean”. If that is what you’re talking about, yes I hear it. It’s probably in the original master because I have an 2009 LP pressing and the 45rpm remastered double LP and it’s present in both. I used to have an original 1977 pressing but I may have given it away because the 45 rpm pressing SQ is the best version that I’ve heard (much better than hirez digital).

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 7
I listenened again, in the line, “When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know”. I hear a something of a glitch in the word “clean”. If that is what you’re talking about, yes I hear it. It’s probably in the original master because I have an 2009 LP pressing and the 45rpm remastered double LP and it’s present in both. I used to have an original 1977 pressing but I may have given it away because the 45 rpm pressing SQ is the best version that I’ve heard (much better than hirez digital).
The weird thing is my Amazon mp3 version doesn't have it. Its a worse sounding master, not as good as the 24/96 but that particular flaw isn't there at all. Might have been introduced in the 24/96 master that has been used in many places recently.

Would be interesting to open it up in a wav editor, i would bet its a very short sound dropout

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Was what I mentioned as the glitch the same as what you are referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back