FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #272 of 304
Jul 9, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #273 of 304
I did alot of research and found out that the connection type is called 'qdc'. Because qdc iems have reversed polarity you are recommended to buy cables that are WITHOUT the angled ear guide (the original cable is angled in a certain direction as well). Buy the STRAIGHT ONE, reason being so you can switch the polarity if needed on flc8n, and the cable can then bend either direction

I will get the cable from aliexpress in about 30 days, i'll confirm if it works then.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #275 of 304
I did alot of research and found out that the connection type is called 'qdc'. Because qdc iems have reversed polarity you are recommended to buy cables that are WITHOUT the angled ear guide (the original cable is angled in a certain direction as well). Buy the STRAIGHT ONE, reason being so you can switch the polarity if needed on flc8n, and the cable can then bend either direction

I will get the cable from aliexpress in about 30 days, i'll confirm if it works then.
Awaiting for your results, my FLC8d cable is about to die, I ordered a new one on Lend me Ur Ears but they never shiped so I demanded a refund, the order spend 3 months in "fullfilment".

Aug 23, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #276 of 304
Well, unfortunately I did not get the right cable, they sent the one with an 'ear guide' even if the product images looks like it's straight. I can't pinpoint any polarity issue in the sound, tried the connection in reverse also. Polarity seems correct when connected the correct way with the ear guide pointing the right way. Unfortunately though, there is a big sound differense compared to original cable, original is much better. There is a huge boost in the 6khz range with the new cable, making them very sibilant and piercing, they were not before. You can fix this with some EQ, I had to lower 6khz by quite alot: -7. The amazing thing with FLC8n was that they didn't ever need any EQing, so this is a clear proof for me that cable affects sound.. alot in this case. Reversing polarity didn't fix this.

Is there a conclusion, well, not sure. Next time I buy a cable for the FLC8n im not gonna buy this model at all, even if the connector would be correct due to the heavy 6khz boost sibilance.

I bought from this store, so don't buy from them.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001042333305.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66b14c4dfYxpUT

In any case, here is something I am sure of. The connector should look like in image 'correct', make sure the connector in the product images looks like that

Also the transparent connector looks pretty ugly with the blue flc8n, suggest black colored connector

Still, this cable I got is better than nothing of course. Got half the cost back from aliexpress due to the misleading product images.

Attachments

• correct.jpg
    correct.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • I Got.jpg
    I Got.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #277 of 304
I went and re-read some of this thread. Seems like the unit is not really .78 but more like .77. I suppose a new .78 cable will fit by stretching the existing holes; but you probably can’t go back to the original cables. Or maybe your could file the cable terminations if they are exposed.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #278 of 304
There is no pin fit issue with the .78 cable i got whatso ever, the pins and the holes line up prefectly. But the pins are less prodtruding in the model I got, so had to cut away some plastic around the cable connector edge so a longer part of the pin could be inserted

I went and re-read some of this thread. Seems like the unit is not really .78 but more like .77. I suppose a new .78 cable will fit by stretching the existing holes; but you probably can’t go back to the original cables. Or maybe your could file the cable terminations if they are exposed.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #281 of 304
Dec 16, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #282 of 304
Good news guys, the second cable I bought mentioned above works perfectly without any sound issues. Looks good to stylistically with the FLC8n. The only mod you will need to do is to cut of some millimeters of the pins with a knife or somethin, because the cables pins are slightly too long. It's very easy to do with a sharp kitchen knife
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891478457.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.74174c4dzjztqp

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #285 of 304
Can I just revive this thread for a moment to say what an astounding IEM the FLC8N/FLC8D is?! I sold my 8N to try new things and then recently purchased an 8D because I missed it (and becuase I liked the 8D color scheme a lot more than the 8N, and I never changed those tiny filters anyway), and man, I love these! They do EVERYTHING right. So good. I will never get rid of this 8D, ever. Interested to see what FLC technologies do in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back