FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #226 of 304
Oh no! @Flcforrestwei my worst fear just happened. When I was switching back and forth between the black and grey LF, the white part inside the grey filter popped out!

And that's the filter I want to use, too. How can I get a replacement? I live in Los Angeles.

Please check with LMUE to see if they have some in stock.

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #227 of 304
This is something I posted in a LG G5 thread on audiosciencereview, but it might interest you as well.

I went to the local HIFI store to compare my LG G5 (without the DAC module) using FLC8d IEMs compared to Astel & Kern DAPs. Before I continue I must note that the LG music player app in LG G5 is tailored to the internal sound hardware, so you get a much better sound with it compared to 3rd party apps like Neutron, Tidal etc.

Comparing against A&Ks A&futura and activo ct10.

If I use the LG music player the LG G5 beats the A&Ks, but if I use 3rd party apps on the LG G5, A&Ks sounded better. Used Tidal app for testing music tracks on the A&Ks. LG G5 played flac files from SD card:

Test tracks, but used Tidal in the store:

My preferred sound signature: Neutral or U-shaped

LG G5 wins. I really did not expect this to happen at all. Goes to show how well tuned and tailored LG G5 and newer models are. I haven't tried newer models but I assume it's improving according to this review:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...o-measurement-of-lg-g7-thinq-smartphone.4468/

This is not a review, I am just sharing the outcome of my experience.

End-game headphone tests?

While I was in the store I also compared my FLC8d IEM to Focal Elegia & Stellia. The closed headphones sounded pretty thin on the portables so I asked to try them on a more powerful amp/dac, enter the https://www.focal.com/en/headphones-0/headphones/headphones-electronics/amplifier-dac/arche. It is specially made for those two closed headphones. Set to high gain, and you set which headphones you are using on it. I was expecting amazing things for these extremely high prices.

Amazingly again, my current gear sounds better. The FLC8d sounds so much better that you can't even compare.

I have new found respect for high class IEMs after this, and my closed headphone end-game journey continues with finding a way to test ZMF Atticus, Ether C Flow and or OLLO S4R. I really hope they can beat my FLC8d IEMs. I need good closed headphones, they are more convenient for long listening sessions.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #228 of 304
This post should interest anyone who has medium sized ear canals, prefer silicone tips and black, grey, red filters. It should also be useful to anyone who thinks tips should retain all music details, clear highs, mids and full bodied bass and sub bass presence (can't stand foam as they muffle high frequences. I don't like warm signatures, the ones sibilant sensitive people need).
I wanted to share the results of basically trying all IEM tips there are over a period of 1.30 years. This includes every one on Aliexpress that fits this IEM bore wise (yes I bought all models).
Special ones like Spinfit C100 (lot's of talk about this one, but their not good for FLC compared to the winner below), Those orange ones with foam inside (see photo), Sony foam/silicone hybrids, JVC spiral. Some other ones that came with the 5 or so IEMs I own.

I am not interested in spending the time to write some scientific paper on it, or do a detailed report. You can see I have been quite invested in this thread with older posts. I just want to help out and just ask you to believe me. Just try them, their cheap.
The WINNER!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32803335652.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dImViwY
5-Pairs-Black-M-size-Replacement-Silicone-Earbud-Eartips-Ear-Buds-Tips-for-in-ear-Earphones.jpg

A quickly arranged catwalk of my other tips attached (the plastic bag is full of crap tips or wrong size)
Middle are my favourites that work on most IEMs. The black box is stuff that needs to be tested every time I buy a new IEM.
72775766_786361668451276_9095778097612980224_n.jpg

Attachments

• 72310280_786361671784609_5887040599508385792_n.jpg
    72310280_786361671784609_5887040599508385792_n.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #233 of 304
Somehow FLC does not seem to get much buzz anymore on Head-Fi. The prices have dropped a bit and these really deserve a look for most budget conscious listeners. I didn't need the wide range of tuning from the 8S so I am down to just the 8D right now. Both the 8S and the 8D are very satisfying listens.

Wasn't there a new range coming from FLC? Is there a thread on those?

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #235 of 304
I suppose Forrest must rely primarily on the Chinese market. I have suggested to him via this thread that he should develop a few brand ambassadors on the forums. Seems like his naturals are not active anymore (Brooko and NMatheis). I still love my 8D and loved my 8S pair .. I didn't need two units with almost the same sound signature and sold the 8S pair recently.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #236 of 304
Looking/reading around the net regarding FLC Celeste(林韵) is so not easy and there is only a short one or two simplified review for it on Weibo(twitter equivalent) from and Zhihu(Quora equivalent). So i guess it's not really marketed in the mainland as well

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #237 of 304
I suppose Forrest must rely primarily on the Chinese market. I have suggested to him via this thread that he should develop a few brand ambassadors on the forums. Seems like his naturals are not active anymore (Brooko and NMatheis). I still love my 8D and loved my 8S pair .. I didn't need two units with almost the same sound signature and sold the 8S pair recently.

Yeah, I totally agree. Forrest has to develop a few of us as brand ambassadors. I love my 8N and I'd probably only upgrade to the Camp Fire Andromeda. I'm still surprised that there's just not a lot of buzz about his products because they are kind of unique with their customizability.

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #238 of 304
I would be interested in seeing Crinnacle or somebody with similar equipment do a frequency graph of the 8D with the gold and gunmetal filters. I use the gunmetal and think it sounds amazing. Musical yet accurate. Even better yet, fits well and is efficient. Not to mention well priced. Of course the 8S has crashed down in price and is an amazing value right now also.

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #239 of 304
Looking/reading around the net regarding FLC Celeste(林韵) is so not easy and there is only a short one or two simplified review for it on Weibo(twitter equivalent) from and Zhihu(Quora equivalent). So i guess it's not really marketed in the mainland as well
I can say Celest is a top IEM in the world, it's to good to be recognized, it took part in many shows in China and Canjam, we got a conclusion that only the top veterans and the greed hands love it, so it's not sold very well.
We have sell record on Taobao, you can see the comments for refrence
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...f6nK90&id=564340612507&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #240 of 304

We are doing nothing for now, FLC8d and FLC8n is not cuccessful, DD series are completely failure, we are reflecting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back