Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Oct 3, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #616 of 828

Quote:
Hey whats up man!

The EagleTac T20C2 MKII is probably one of my favorite lights next to Surefires! They're probably better, but you get tired of alternatives when your light won't start just because it's 50 degrees outside haha... I absolutely adore that light...

This is my modded Surefire 6P LED with a forward clicky, 300/80/15 OTF lumens with a couple bali goodies. I spent money to modify a stock one just to get it to perform to the level of that T20C2 except with a Surefire logo on it lol...

I don't mind the Surefire's at all.  Just about every coworker of mine carries one in some form or another, I simply bought the Eagletac to show them that Surefire and our duty-issued Streamlight's arent the only way to sweep a room.

I live and work in way-north Minnesota and have had no problems with the Eagletac or the 4Sevens at -20F aside from being less bright than they would be 110 degrees warmer in the summer.

Some of those original 6P's go for insane amounts to collectors, I make sure to look close every time I go to a pawn shop or tactical re-supply store.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #617 of 828

Quote:

I don't mind the Surefire's at all.  Just about every coworker of mine carries one in some form or another, I simply bought the Eagletac to show them that Surefire and our duty-issued Streamlight's arent the only way to sweep a room.

I live and work in way-north Minnesota and have had no problems with the Eagletac or the 4Sevens at -20F aside from being less bright than they would be 110 degrees warmer in the summer.

Some of those original 6P's go for insane amounts to collectors, I make sure to look close every time I go to a pawn shop or tactical re-supply store.

Oh whoops, I meant that there are alternatives to both Eagletac and Surefire, I had a Fenix P3D that was a great high end light, but then when it would dip like to the slightly chillier nights, it would flicker and take a while to start which was really odd

-20 degrees?! Thats crazy, I can't even imagine how cold that is, the coldest weather I've been exposed to is like 35 degrees at tahoe when I went snowboarding 

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #618 of 828
Has anyone here have any experience with the Dark Ops Hellfighter series of flashlights? I do know that Dark Ops makes combat knives, but they aren't exactly respected highly as a company due to some of their previous ads for their knives.

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #620 of 828

Quote:
Has anyone here have any experience with the Dark Ops Hellfighter series of flashlights? I do know that Dark Ops makes combat knives, but they aren't exactly respected highly as a company due to some of their previous ads for their knives.

Haven't heard of them before...

Quote:
got the sunwayman M10R.....if you don't have this you need to get asap!!!

Yeah I'm thinking of ditching the Surefire 6P for a V20C... they look amazing but the brand name never really called out too me the way Fenix and 4Sevens did. Thrunite is another contender, but the V20C is probably on my to-buy list

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #622 of 828

Quote:

Haven't heard of them before...
Yeah I'm thinking of ditching the Surefire 6P for a V20C... they look amazing but the brand name never really called out too me the way Fenix and 4Sevens did. Thrunite is another contender, but the V20C is probably on my to-buy list

Here's the link to Hellfighter Tatical Light Corp.

http://www.hellfireusa.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/catalog.html&setup=1&cart_id=

I'm not really sure if they're independent or a part of Dark Ops, some of the ads I've seen for their flashlights were listed under Dark Ops Hellfighter.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #624 of 828

Quote:
hey guys can anyone tell me a good forum for Knives and Leatherman's?

thanks guys

Usualsuspectnetwork.net

or Bladeforums

If you join USN, make sure to use ChrisHimself as a reference, it'll get your account approved faster. It's a great place :)

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #627 of 828

Quote:
just got my ITP A3 R5.....greatest keychain flashlight ever! highly recommend it!

Lol I have one of those too, got one from Battery Junction as a present for me ordering so much **** there, seriously I spent like 500 bucks in one month (buy and then sell on CPF later), plus I group buy a bunch of batteries since I got a bunch of friends to get CR123 lights.

The reigning king for me was the Fenix LD01 but the ITP stomps it to death

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #628 of 828

Quote:

Lol I have one of those too, got one from Battery Junction as a present for me ordering so much **** there, seriously I spent like 500 bucks in one month (buy and then sell on CPF later), plus I group buy a bunch of batteries since I got a bunch of friends to get CR123 lights.

The reigning king for me was the Fenix LD01 but the ITP stomps it to death

yeah I have just started my flashlight collection my girl think I'm mad lols.....just got my 4sevens 123x2 turbo quark....love it! great size and throw....its a must have

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #629 of 828
Sorry, if I am being redundant (I haven't had time to read the last 40 posts), but I own the Fenix TK-30 and am extremely happy with it. It offers 620 Lumens for 117 minutes on high.
I just recently purchase the newer Fenix TK-35 which still rune on 4 CR123's or 2 18650 batteries, and outputs 820 lumens in high mode for almost 2 hours. It runs on 100+ lumens for an eternity.
It has a flat handle less than 6 inches long, remembers what setting you were on when you shut it off, has a strobe and an SOS feature, and is an incredible flashlight. The handle screws off, allowing easy access to the batteries, charges in about an hour, and can bring down planes at 400 yards.
In other words, it is more user friendly, easier to carry, and offers an insane amount of candlepower for $100 on Amazon. It is now my favorite flashlight. It comes with it's own carrying holder. It's can be dropped from 7 feet and it won't roll.

Definitely worth looking into for any serious flashlight buff. It has 2 switches on the bottom, one for on/off, and one for the different modes. Deew it! It has the latest XM-L Cree technology

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #630 of 828
I have tried out several pocket sized flashlights which i use at work for looking at pressure charts and gauges, etc.

The best one I have found up to now is the Zebralight SC51. Runs on a single AA. The rechargable 2000/2450 mah Duracell or Sanyo Eeneloop batteries give the best results.

This has great build quality and gives out around 200 lumens on high. It has also has medium and low level. IIRC these levels are also adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back