Flashing Chaintech AV-710
Jul 28, 2004 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jman999

Head-Fier
I'm looking to flash the Chaintech AV-710 to the Prodigy drivers. I understand that this disables the analog sound, but that is ok, as I can always use my onboard sound for analog. Ok, I downloaded the utility needed to flash the card, but before I do it, how do I backup my current EEPROM?
Which version of the Prodigy Drivers is the best?

Are there any other Envy24HT based drivers that are better than the Prodigy ones for Digital Out?

Thanks, Jonathan.

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 13
I can supply you with M-Audio Revolution and EgoSys WT192X firmwares, egosys drivers are simillar to the prodigy, revolution has quite different drivers, they look nice and are probably as good as the others.. read the readme files in the flasher package, you can backup your current firmware easily with eeprw program..

Jul 28, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 13
no eq, of course.. check your inbox..

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 13
Wow... I didn't know you could flash sound cards?!!
blink.gif

So what are the major advantages going to Prodigy/M-Audio drivers???

Jul 28, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 13
If the amp has digital inputs then you could use the DAC in the amp (if it has a coaxial input only then you can use a coax<->optical converter like the one this one).

EDIT: I though you were referring to a home theater receiver. If you're using a regular analog amp then you shouldn't flash it unless you have an external DAC.

Jul 29, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #10 of 13
So far I've tried both the Prodigy 7.1 drivers and the Revolution 7.1 drivers. The Revolution 7.1 drivers work better, however, although music works correctly, for some reason with movies and video files, the frequency in the M-audio Control Panel locks to 48 and the sound is distorted and slow, when it should be at 44.1. Does anyone know a fix to this?

Thanks, Jonathan.

Jul 30, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 13
I got it to work perfectly with the Prodigy Drivers. However, Mp3's sound like s**t now, unfortunately. Guess I'll have to get some high quality music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back