flash players inferior to hardisk players?
Jun 29, 2007 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

robinclp

100+ Head-Fier
why do i keep getting the feeling that hardisk players are better than flash players?

when people ask for the best sounding dap for the money, people only suggest hd players like zune and zvm?

Jun 29, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 6
because the capacity is bigger and can store more flac files..that my opinion

Jun 29, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 6
The shuffle 1G is a flash player that is better sounding from the headphone out that it's bigger HD based iPod brothers. SQ is awesome. There's no reason a flash player can't out preform a HD based player (except maybe the Kenwood with it's in-built amp or an iMod). I guess there's a plethora of cheapie bad-sounding flash players out there that people get that impression.

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 6
The data carrier has nothing to do with SQ. You can make a flash mod in a Rio Karma and it won't change it's sound. One of the best sounding players I know are flash based - iRiver ifp series, 1st gen Shuffle, iRiver clix2.

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 6
the size and screen?..

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 6
I have a Dell Ditty that I use primarily for podcasts but find the few sound files I have on it sound fine. I also have a creative vision m that has the user adjustable EQ which is not normaly available on flash players. I understand the Cowan players are supposed to be at the top SQ wise but have never listened to one. If you are able to, go to a get together in your area to meet some fellow head-fiers and check out all kinds of different equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back