Flash Player With Large Fast Forward Increments
Feb 26, 2006 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GaR

New Head-Fier
I primarily listen to large files (from 2 to 4 hours) of downloaded content. Is there a flash memory player that allows fast forward at 1 minute, 5 minute or perhpas 10 minutes increments? Thanks.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 9
I hope this is what you mean but I don't think you can beat the IPOD Nano for this...

You can press the center button and then use the click wheel to literally scroll through your song. Seems convenient, I would immagine it'd be great for seeking through a long file.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 9
The Iriver and Iaudio players let you set the fastforward/rewind speed in the menu. Up to 16x I think. And then the Iaudio players set the "next track" button for skipping 30 sec.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
The Iriver and Iaudio players let you set the fastforward/rewind speed in the menu. Up to 16x I think. And then the Iaudio players set the "next track" button for skipping 30 sec.

Can you set that 30-second time higher, say to like 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes?

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917
Can you set that 30-second time higher, say to like 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes?

no, unfortunately. BUT, it has the bookmarking function that lets you go back to where u're in the file, even after you listened to other songs. This is one feature that the Iriver 7xx lacked. The 7xx only has the "resume" function that remembers where you are when u shut off the player, but it won't let you do that if you have played another file. That's why I'm switching to Iaudio 5. You can set "bookmarks" for 20 different files.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 9
As others have said, the Nano is by far the best for this sort of thing. Press the center button and you can scroll through the track at any speed you want with the clickwheel.

Feb 28, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeah the iPod Shuffle for sure is the best for skipping through a track. I don't have a Shuffle but the 5G has the exact same operation system loaded on it... it's awesome for non-properly formatted audiobooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back