Flash player with dedicated line-out?
Dec 10, 2006 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rhymesgalore

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone of you know, if there's a flash based mp3 player with a dedicated line out?

There are quite a few with line in, or ones with line out through a cradle (eg. iriver clix), but i failed to find one with a dedicated line out in the player itself.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes of course, but it's not a dedicated line out in the sense that you have to use a special cable with ipod connector.

I was searching for something with a real line out build in the device.
Something like the line outs on some mini disc units, where you can choose if the headphone out acts like an line out, or even better with a dedicated jack for lineout.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes of course, but it's not a dedicated line out in the sense that you have to use a special cable with ipod connector.

I was searching for something with a real line out build in the device.
Something like the line outs on some mini disc units, where you can choose if the headphone out acts like an line out, or even better with a dedicated jack for lineout.

I think the iPod is the closest you will get. Plus its really not that bad to use the Dock since even with a line-out you would need a cable, so is there a difference if the cable terminates in a 1/8" or a dock. I haven't heard of any other flash players that are even cable of having a line-out.

But if you do go for it. My suggestion is go for the 1G. The 2G has a really weak signal strength and you still might get enough volume out of it with an amp.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 5
JVC XA-MP101 has one and has nice SQ. Has some quirks that you might not want to live with though. Tedious to navigate and won't play from the folder level(must enter the folder and press play). It does have the line-out jack, is very small and pocketable, uses AAA's, and is easy to control in your pocket. Oh, and the volume buttons are very small and it maxes out at 1GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back