Flash Player that records loseless?
Sep 27, 2006 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vickbabu

New Head-Fier
Maybe you can help me with this, I sold my iPod 4G this year to go on a trip but now I realize I need an mp3 player with recording features for a TVOntario thing I'm involved in. It needs to be able to 1. record in loseless or 320k mp3 format and 2. have a mic in

Hoping there is a flash player that can do this but it seems like only rockboxd players are capable of this. Why is it that most record in WMA anyway?

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi, I have the Iriver IFP-799 that I bought for it's recording capabilities. It seems to be popular I don't think there were any other flash player around with mic-recording capabilities. It records mp3 at 320 kbps. It also has a mic in, but the mic preamp is weak. It works, but for recording, I really prefer my HiMD-recorder.

Another option for you is Edirol's R-09 och M-audio Microtrack which records to memory cards. They are more expensive though.

/Johan

Sep 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by vickbabu
Hoping there is a flash player that can do this but it seems like only rockboxd players are capable of this. Why is it that most record in WMA anyway?

DRM. They also often have Fm radio recoding capability when you have this 128kbps limit. I dont think its coincidental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back