FlaresPro/FlaresGold by Flare Audio
Mar 10, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,278 of 1,354
Hi everyone, i have just received my Flare Pro 2HD today. And wow, wow, wow. I listen to my favorite songs in 5 minutes and WOW. There are a lot of things i can not hear before with my Westone 4, Ex1000, Fidue A73, Dt990, even Grado 325i in my memory. I think my broken Etymotic Er4p can compare with this earphone in transparency and accurating. Flare 2HD comes with strong but great texture bass, i can hear the sound of drum bass and guitar bass in the same time. How can it?
Anw, the bass is really enough for me. It makes remember to my old Ex1000. The mid is warm, i need more time to listen on this area. The high is not too much, but it will be there when i need it. Cymbals are perfect, i dont know why i lost some of them with my Westone 4.
I will pair it with my 2stepdance and topping nx4 dsd tomorrow. I think the Flare Pro 2HD needs some more power.
Summary, Flare Pro 2HD has the accurating and transparency of Etymotic Er4p and the sub bass of Sony Ex1000.
20200310_181233.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #1,280 of 1,354
Hi guys,

I've recently purchased the pro2 hd and I'm currently testing this iem since yesterday. Before talking about sound, have other owners of Flare pro2hd experienced a very Noisy cable ?

Thanks

The cable can be quite microphonic. It's best to wear these with the cable over-ear - that did help kill the cable noise for me.

May 3, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #1,284 of 1,354
Hi guys, my pro 2hd right bud has stopping working, i think it was a cable issue, how i can solve it? It is easy to recable this earphone?

Is it still in warranty? If so, they should be able to send you a new earpiece section? Also, have you checked it's the bud but the cable by switching to the Bluetooth unit (presume you have, but worth checking if not)?

May 3, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,286 of 1,354
I think it is not in warrranty :frowning2: i think i will check the Y-Cord

Contact Flare Audio anyway (via their website or Facebook groups) - they have a really good reputation for looking after customers in situations like this, so they might be able to do something for you rather than you having to get the soldering iron out! :wink:

May 3, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #1,287 of 1,354
Contact Flare Audio anyway (via their website or Facebook groups) - they have a really good reputation for looking after customers in situations like this, so they might be able to do something for you rather than you having to get the soldering iron out! :wink:
Thank i left them a message. Anw, have anyone tried to open the housing of these earphones, ỏe Gold or Pro 1, 2? Is it easy to open? Because i want to make them a new cable, i think it can sound better with a better cable.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #1,288 of 1,354
Thank i left them a message. Anw, have anyone tried to open the housing of these earphones, ỏe Gold or Pro 1, 2? Is it easy to open? Because i want to make them a new cable, i think it can sound better with a better cable.

Your product has a 1 year warranty + another 1 year if you had enterred the code on the warranty card. I'm curious about opening it but i really don't thinking it will sound better with another câble...

May 3, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #1,290 of 1,354
If you want to repair the earphones, than you have to mark the housing, before you open it. You make a line or two points on both parts of the housing and count the turnings. This is extremely important, because every little turn changes the sound. If you don't do this you end with a imbalance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back