FlaresJet by Flare Audio
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Arysyn

100+ Head-Fier

At Flare, we understand how important music is to you.

Imagine if you had X-Ray hearing. The ability to hear all the subtle nuances and detail in your favourite tracks for the first time.

Flares® JET brings Flare's unique audio technologies to everyone. Gone are the days when you have to spend thousands to hear amazing sound quality, Flares® JET is changing the game.

For over 100 years, earphones have used the same techniques to produce sound.

Flares® JET earphones use pressure-balancing technology to control sound entering your ears and the result is the cleanest, most detailed sound ever produced in an earphone.

Flares® JET 1 is made from a high tensile polymer with a black satin finish. Flares® JET 2 is precision turned from aluminium using only the latest, state of the art, CNC machinery.

The ergonomic design of Flares® JET means that fitting is quick and easy and they come with three sizes of silicone tips that fit the majority of ear types providing superb sound isolation.

Jet patent-pending sound balancing technology
Precision turned from aerospace aluminium or high tensile polymer
3.5mm gold plated jack connector
Microphone and controller capabilities
Cable Length | 1.15m
Driver diameter | 10mm
Frequency response | 20-20KHz
Driver sensitivity | 93dB/1mW

The Bag
What's inside...

Jet Technology
Patent Pending
Sound Isolation
More Earfoams®
Flares® JET Carry Pouch
More Accessories
#FLARESJET

Mar 3, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 29
I bought a pair of the JET 2. Cost me $88.50 shipped after 10% off code. Things like the IT01 and A&D D6 have upped the game for the $79- $100 range so these have something to prove. Of course since they are something new I figured I'll try em out and shed some light.

Though the cleanest and most detailed sound ever produced in an earphone is a bit much, lol! Think they could have stopped after the X-ray and changing the game thing. IT01 and D6 didn't change the game but upped the bar for the price.

Easy to hear what they can do. Had another raise the bar, the CH9T which raised the bar for a short while before the IT01 came along and pushed that up higher. Also still have the Elecom CH1010 which is equal to the Pioneer level and it's big brother CB1000 that is on another level than those and cost me $50 shipped from Japan. If it lives up to the marketing than it would be the best thing I own at the moment. I'll start with the CH1010 and work up the ladder. Has to beat the much older/originally $69 Elecom or it is a fail as far as being special. After that I can try the B400 w/upgrade cable and CB1000 to see if it is really something or just something else.

Mar 3, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 29
Though the cleanest and most detailed sound ever produced in an earphone is a bit much, lol! Think they could have stopped after the X-ray and changing the game thing. IT01 and D6 didn't change the game but upped the bar for the price..

I was pretty much sold on these as soon as I saw the pix (love a tiny IEM especially since my poor old Rockets are showing signs of aging), but after reading that copy all I could think was "these people are so full of it, you should wait for some impressions instead". :confounded:

Anyway, still hoping they're good.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 29
Never tried a Flare yet and they have done some good things before so I didn't hold the hype against them too much obviously. Doubt they will be tiny like the other Flares obviously with bigger 10mm drivers but they seemed to have lengthened the sound tube to fit most all comfortably.
white-coil_416d8501-935a-499a-9dba-903bbade2d2f_1000x.jpg

Nice housings but I probably could do w/o the Senn-like cable sheathing. Hopefully, I can talk about an overachiever being worth picking up and challenging for price range supremacy :) You don't know till ya try!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 29
Got those on friday but just tried them. They are much bigger than old series and comes with silicones, not foams.

Initially they are a little muffled with huge bass. Highs are rolled off and vocals are a little behind. Cable is all rubbered and no chin slider.

Tried InAirs and Flare Audiophile foams but they only made highs more rolled off.

Burning them in, but not impressed ootb.

20180302_175558.jpg 20180302_175721.jpg

And with TX-200 M on.

20180304_161533.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 29
They come in a plastic bag and with fake vinyl look pouch. The least they can do is make them sound good. :)

Mar 4, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 29
Got those on friday but just tried them. They are much bigger than old series and comes with silicones, not foams.

Initially they are a little muffled with huge bass. Highs are rolled off and vocals are a little behind. Cable is all rubbered and no chin slider.

Tried InAirs and Flare Audiophile foams but they only made highs more rolled off.

Burning them in, but not impressed ootb.

And with TX-200 M on.

Lots of bass and recessed vocals - Not for me. I understand why Flare made these though.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 29
All999, keep us informed.. I'm tempted to recommend them to people but I should wait until some reviews come it.

Tempted to recommending earphones you never heard? Not a good idea. Tried Spinfits, another failure. Now listening with Havi foams and it's better but still very high shy and bass is too big without good control.

I'm not getting their idea for sound here. Or maybe my Galaxy S8 is not a good companion for them?

Lots of bass and recessed vocals - Not for me. I understand why Flare made these though.

Why?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #14 of 29
I don't see why they wouldn't be closer to the R2s - must be different driver completely.

R2s had 5mm neodymium driver, JETs have 10mm driver. Besides they have totally different build - R2s went fully into ear canal, JETs sits outside ear canal. It all matters a lot to how they sound.
R2s were too good to re-release them in such a price point - they were not that far behind PROs in technical abilities and they were better in musicality and naturalness.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #15 of 29
Tempted to recommending earphones you never heard? Not a good idea. Tried Spinfits, another failure. Now listening with Havi foams and it's better but still very high shy and bass is too big without good control.

I'm not getting their idea for sound here. Or maybe my Galaxy S8 is not a good companion for them?

Why?

I'm not a bass fan by any means, and any bass an iem has must be there to serve the dynamics of the rest, but not present itself much on its own, such as thumpiness, that boomy sound of bass notes. It needs to retain itself to keeping the music from sounding thin, but thats it.

Recessed vocals are an effect to increasing space in the music. The preference seems to be in giving more space to the sound, which is fine by me, but not in compensating for the vocals. Its like being at a concert. Putting yourself further back from the stage gives you a wider sense of scope of the stage, but pushes the vocals further back.

In my preference, some space is fine, going back just enough rows that gets the effect of the whole stage. Any narrower is not a good thing. I'm not extreme enough in my liking of forward vocals to cut off the ends of stage or pushing all the instrumentals into a narrow scope just to get an in-your-face vocal presence. To me, that is too forward.

The staging needs to be placed properly and naturally, without either any artificial narrowing nor expansiveness to the instrumental positioning, nor the stage itself. When thinking of this while listening to music, I often place myself in my mind in a 3d space with visual cues to the music, trying to see how lined up to the sound I am in, and the distances in space between every detail I can hear. Vocals are the easiest to figure out spacing, then the instrumentals, and finally the space, along with the place I am in within the scene.

Again, vocal and instrumental positioning & stage space must be natural, then my position to the sound needs to be on the vocal side of the equation in where I am in terms of rows back, not placed behind for added space the way so many iems do nowadays. Anything more forward, without being too close, nor artificially moving things in, is my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back