Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
May 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #2,821 of 3,098
call me stupid but i get much better audio without filter, delta medium tips with port in it.
feeling a bit drunk from overall sound

benefits
sound is more microditailed, i didnt know some things were there in music
can run louder
the port makes less ear fatigue as tips with lens, except its a small hole same thing
sound is more spacious

how i did it is with a pencil thing, its a technical pencil or what its proper name

May 31, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #2,822 of 3,098
call me stupid but i get much better audio without filter, delta medium tips with port in it.

benefits
can run louder
the port makes less ear fatigue as tips with lens, except its a small hole same thing
sound is more spacious

how i did it is with a pencil thing, its a technical pencil or what its proper name

So all you did was puncturing the stem of the tip, correct?

May 31, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,823 of 3,098
ye but i changed design already, its sounds good no matter what you do to it.
my new design has four metal plates and tea bag two layers in the iem before the dynamic cause putting on noozle breaks tea bag paper every single time. just made one hole brings out lotsa muffleness brings away probably better to describe. metal plates have different dencities and help differrent parts of music. overall true hifi, if not top then midrange hifi

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #2,826 of 3,098
on ebay you can buy tube for fish tank oxygenator for fish. its like 2-3 euro and i cut a piece of it and cut it open on one side along the length and put aroud jack and sellotaped it to make aleviation for jack because it breaks at jack for many people. iphone falls flat and pushes the jack cable to side of pocket and probably is what breaks the flare iems

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #2,827 of 3,098

benefits
can run louder
sound is more spacious

Wow! with all that mods it's difficult to recognize them, you're deflaring your Flares!! Be careful with that, if you continue changing their nature they could finish like this
 (and i'm not sure if they could fit that way in a narrow ear canal):

Wildentein-blog.jpg

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2,828 of 3,098
sounds good though, havent heard anything better, sony a2, amperiors delta all so so these sound 2000 euro like hd800 i though sound like these. i would pay 500 euro for this sound

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,829 of 3,098
sounds good though, havent heard anything better, sony a2, amperiors delta all so so these sound 2000 euro like hd800 i though sound like these. i would pay 500 euro for this sound

I also find the sound (the final reason of all this discussion) impressive for their price. Anyway, i could never buy them if they cross the line of the 200-250$ (the art of this Flare, what makes them special, is creating affordable hi-fi). In my opinion Dunu, Trinity, Aurisonics and some others are breaking the frontiers of what an iem of that price can offer, but competing with >500$ options made by more classic brands (Sennheiser, Shure...) the bang for the buck value is lost. 

Thinking about the new model, i'd love, to my taste, a more physic/pressure response on the bass (i don't know how to describe it, i don't ask fore much more bass, what i miss is more air moving it to create a bigger body), a slightly more forward mids (sometimes they sound too far despite of being delighted with their "full" sound)) and a bigger/more expansive soundstage (without affecting the precise separation of instruments and the coherence of the space presented by the R2). That, with a much better cable/union with the armature of the iem, would make me jump to try the new Flares.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,830 of 3,098
  Of course is a heavily modified DIY with custom metal cutting and mill work. So not something most people would dare try let alone know how to do. See his video starting at 12:00 https://youtu.be/3pA1R8fmrKM

Also not sure what this phrase means - "i put fish tank stress aleviation at jack and at earphones"

It's not heavily modified anything, it is purely DIY. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #2,831 of 3,098
Hi Paul - I didn't realise anyone from Flare was a member here.  

You might wish you hadn't posted because you'll probably now be inundated with questions you can't answer until the big reveal of the new product! lol

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,832 of 3,098
Hi Nat,

I am a huge headphone / earphone fan and often peruse the forums for new stuff to try out, I also like to make sure we can answer any questions that our Flare R2 users might have.

Regarding the big question ... my lips are sealed 
ph34r.gif
 .. ! 

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #2,834 of 3,098
Perhaps you might be able to answer this little question though: Do you know of any other foam tips that fit and work with the R2s?

I'm kind of happy with the Complis other than durability but am thinking of giving my R2As to a friend who will likely be less forgiving of the insertion method to make them last longer (wetting both your ear canals and the tips ).  So I'm looking for something in a small size which provides almost as much isolation but which is less hassle.. Any suggestions that I can buy and send off the shelf?

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #2,835 of 3,098
  Perhaps you might be able to answer this little question though: Do you know of any other foam tips that fit and work with the R2s?

I'm kind of happy with the Complis other than durability but am thinking of giving my R2As to a friend who will likely be less forgiving of the insertion method to make them last longer (wetting both your ear canals and the tips ).  So I'm looking for something in a small size which provides almost as much isolation but which is less hassle.. Any suggestions that I can buy and send off the shelf?

Hi Nat,

There is nothing off the shelf that we could recommend at the moment but I believe some off the users on here have tried other foam tips that they may be able to share their experiences about them.

We will reveal more information soon, I promise ... 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back