Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 21, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,457 of 3,098
A lot of people are talking about how these are a good value since they purchased them during the KS campaign, but the r2a's cost around $270 and the Pros are $630 (not to mention the r2s's at a crazy $465.....at that price, do they still hold up?

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,458 of 3,098
Finally received my pair of R2A and the bass is probably the best things about those, extends low, very tactile and resolution is pretty good. But so  far I am quite underwhelmed by the rest of the frequency range and imaging. Dynamics seem also a bit compressed and voices lack emotion/body making them sound flat. 
I have only listened for 20mn so I will give those more time before final judgement.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,461 of 3,098
Your GF asked you to buy her a pair? Interesting how many guys do that.

More so I bought her a pair because she loves music and I enjoy sharing the bliss of hifi/head-fi goodness. I'll always remember the first time I listened to a nice pair of headphones! Aaaand, she's only had either iBuds or some NuForce NE-770X's that I bought her last year (which broke last month).

Plus, hearing her constantly tell me how she misses her headphones, how anxious she is for these "mystery headphones" to arrive, and how much the iBuds suck puts a smile on my face.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,462 of 3,098
  Got my 2xR2A package yesterday (Texas). Super pumped as I've had a pair of NuForce NE-7M's since 2009 haha. Don't have much comparative analysis to share, but I will say that they sound fantastic, and I'm happy my laptop and cellphone can drive them given everyone saying they take some juice. Curious if anyone has used their R2A's with a portable dac/amp? I'm thinking about getting a better setup for the office, mobile, and while traveling. HRT Microstreamer and Oppo HA-2 on the radar so definitely curious if anyone has any thoughts on those potential pairings.

I love comply tips for the fit and comfort and have been using them since the NuForces. I did order a set of spinfits for some tip rolling fun though, will report back on findings.

I also quickly removed the splitter weight for my set and the girlfriend's. To mark the right channel I used a bit of heatshrink tubing that happened to tightly fit the enclosure...without the need for heat (did not want to torch my set on the first day haha):

I'm using my R2As with an HRT Micro streamer and it has no problem powering the little beggars.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,464 of 3,098

More so I bought her a pair because she loves music and I enjoy sharing the bliss of hifi/head-fi goodness. I'll always remember the first time I listened to a nice pair of headphones! Aaaand, she's only had either iBuds or some NuForce NE-770X's that I bought her last year (which broke last month).

Plus, hearing her constantly tell me how she misses her headphones, how anxious she is for these "mystery headphones" to arrive, and how much the iBuds suck puts a smile on my face.

What has been her reaction?

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,465 of 3,098
How do I go about selling these.. EBay?

On here. Although you might have too few posts to submit a proper advert.

Still, anyone reading this can see you have a pair to sell......

You won't be losing any value by holding on to them for a month and just taking more time to try them. I seriously can't relate to what you're saying you're hearing or not hearing.

What is your current equipment and previous earphones before these?

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,466 of 3,098
I've watched all the videos and tried every which way..I can't get ANY bass out of these..my £10 sennheiser earbuds just murder them..mugged again

Quite sorry to hear these aren't working out for you so far. What things have you tried? Tips, media player, media files, what kinda songs? Cuz I've got mine shoved into my ear right now and they may provide the deepest and most impactful bass I've ever heard out of an IEM. Works really well with my EDM library.

How do I go about selling these.. EBay?

You've either got enough posts or are getting close to having enough to post in the FS/FT forums here if you end up selling them. I'm sure there are people that would love to purchase a set at KS price to try out.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,469 of 3,098

We'll see tonight! Got them wrapped up with splitter weight removed and right-channel identifier mod :)

etysmile.gif

I hate to appear to be a voyer on your relationship but I'm almost excited about it myself, haha!

Introducing someone to amazing audio (or introducing them to a podcast or band they end up absolutely loving) is such a pleasure when it is appreciated - brings a massive grin to my face each time.

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,470 of 3,098
Woo hoo . That long awaited for UPS e mail popped up today. Hope all those still waiting get the same good news soon and its worth the wait .
Thanks Naomi and Flare gang for all the hard slog gone into sending these out. Please give the last fella out there (Zebbardy Zacharias?) a brucey bonus for their true grit hanging on whilst the luckier ones are rubbing it in . :grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back