Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 3, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #961 of 3,098
  I'm wondering if anyone from the UK backers got theirs yet? I haven't received anything yet (not even the tracking number) while I see guys from every part of the world have started receiving their R2s.
It seems that we, who live in the UK, not only paid the same money with international deliveries but those deliveries were also prioritized over ours. I'm deeply disappointed.

I wholeheartedly hope these will live up to the expectations as if they sound anything less than EXCEPTIONAL, they will go straight back to the manufacturer within the 14-day time frame.

No, as previously stated, they are choosing the processing at random. So no need to feel hard done by.

I'm in London and Brighton's an hour or so away. I dont have any shipping confirmation yet either. But I'm prepared to wait - it's only an IEM after all, and I got it for less than half price. What's the big deal? You sound very bitter. 

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #962 of 3,098
  I'm wondering if anyone from the UK backers got theirs yet? I haven't received anything yet (not even the tracking number) while I see guys from every part of the world have started receiving their R2s.
It seems that we, who live in the UK, not only paid the same money with international deliveries but those deliveries were also prioritized over ours. I'm deeply disappointed.

I wholeheartedly hope these will live up to the expectations as if they sound anything less than EXCEPTIONAL, they will go straight back to the manufacturer within the 14-day time frame.

I don't understand. They gave you 50% discount and FREE delivery and you moan about not having additional UK discount?
They post them randomly, 200 a day. I'm in London and did not get tracking number yet, and I'm fine with it.
Oh, maybe if they are not exceptional for you consider selling them here instead of sending them back. I'm sure there are some guys who would love to get them off you for KS price.

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #963 of 3,098
Wow that y-splitter is stupid big.
confused_face(1).gif

I think it somewhat defeats the purpose of a light and understated earphone case

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #967 of 3,098
Email received. Due Monday...

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #968 of 3,098
  I don't understand. They gave you 50% discount and FREE delivery and you moan about not having additional UK discount?
They post them randomly, 200 a day. I'm in London and did not get tracking number yet, and I'm fine with it.
Oh, maybe if they are not exceptional for you consider selling them here instead of sending them back. I'm sure there are some guys who would love to get them off you for KS price.

Dear friend,

What I'll do is my own choice. Same if I'm moaning, returning or selling something I've paid 200GBP for and see myself being fooled  for 2 weeks now.
Therefore, I'm not interested in your opinion, You can go on and advise whoever else might be interested in.

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #969 of 3,098
  Dear friend,

What I'll do is my own choice. Same if I'm moaning, returning or selling something I've paid 200GBP for and see myself being fooled  for 2 weeks now.
Therefore, I'm not interested in your opinion, You can go on and advise whoever else might be interested in.

Fair enough, what you do is your own choice. However, I don't think Flare Audio has fooled anyone about the delivery dates. They have explained every part of the delay openly and I do think that's proper of them. To say they have fooled you isn't very appropriate.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #970 of 3,098

Fair enough, what you do is your own choice. However, I don't think Flare Audio has fooled anyone about the delivery dates. They have explained every part of the delay openly and I do think that's proper of them. To say they have fooled you isn't very appropriate.

Personally, I don't think its about being fooled, nor is it about expecting an extra UK discount (no idea where that suggestion came from), my concern is simply about commitments being made that haven't been delivered upon. And before every starts beating on about 'unforeseen circumstances', a good business and one that also wants to promote good service should always build in wriggle room into their expectations.

As they say, 'under promise, over deliver', not the other way round.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #971 of 3,098
  Personally, I don't think its about being fooled, nor is it about expecting an extra UK discount (no idea where that suggestion came from), my concern is simply about commitments being made that haven't been delivered upon. And before every starts beating on about 'unforeseen circumstances', a good business and one that also wants to promote good service should always build in wriggle room into their expectations.

As they say, 'under promise, over deliver', not the other way round.

I can see how they might have "over promised" in this case, but if you have ever funded a Kickstarter, you would have already expected some delays. My Aurisonic Rockets came several MONTHS late when I funded their campaign.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #972 of 3,098
Just received my R2PROs (I'm in Germany). Straight out of the box into my ears with medium tips and AK100 Mk2 as source. Very first impressions. The heavy and big Y splitter is something strange I haven't experienced before in IEM world. To be honest I really don't get its purpose. Bass is mighty, I would say sometimes overpowering with bass heavy electronica. Highs are smooth and never sibilant. Mids are clear but not the most detailed. The sound is big, if I can say so, like produced by full size cans. The sound signature somehow reminds me of Ultrasone Signature Pro headphones, except that Sig Pros' bass is tighter and overall better organized. Yes, I would call them bass heavy IEMs with a light midbass hump to give music a flesh. Maybe I have received R2A as the only references are Flare Audio logo and letters L and R on the splitter. Let's see if running in will bring some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back