Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #737 of 3,098
Clean... hopefully not SE535 clean...

Promising thoughts!

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #739 of 3,098
wink.gif

On the contrary, flare has made it very clear that review units are tp be returned in 10 days and only a very small handful were allowed to keep it them.

Interesting to note. Wonder if he was allowed to keep the R1s which he's selling too?

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #742 of 3,098
  I don't think anyone has received theirs by post just yet (though I still have my fingers crossed for afternoon delivery.. ).

I'm also in the UK (midlands) and haven't received anything yet. The email sent to all backers said something for next week so, I don't hold high expectations... I suspect they started with the shipping of international orders as if they had shipped the UK orders on Wednesday (when the email was sent) we would have already received our orders. Besides every respected carrier like UPS send an email or a text message (or even both) to the recipients to let them know about their delivery- I haven't received anything as of now.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #743 of 3,098
That is unlikely. From my understanding the cuffs (y split metal piece) arrived almost ten days late, and flare only received them yesterday. However, they have started to ship them out immediately so its likely that we're going to have a number of happy backers next week :wink:

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #744 of 3,098
Besides every respected carrier like UPS send an email or a text message (or even both) to the recipients to let them know about their delivery- I haven't received anything as of now.

Not when I send something - this is an extra service depending on the info people choose to use. When I book a courier, sending a text is optional and costs a bit more and relies on the buyer actually giving me contact details to use for this purpose.

There's also the Data Protection Act aspect of providing a third party like UPS with information like email addresses without prior consent - if there's a chance UPS will start sending me spam email or selling on my data, I'd rather not get the advanced delivery notice! I'd instead prefer to be notified by the company I'm directly involved with via a web link and the option to log my further details with the courier for updates of my own accord.

Flare Audio certainly didn't ask if they can give contact data to the courier and there was no form or box to tick with Kickstarter to the same effect, so I would not expect to receive any prior warning of delivery (unless anyone has specifically contacted Flare and asked for it).

A boring ramble, sorry!  But don't let a lack of notification get your hopes down. The info about the Flare Y Spice piece though... boo! Had hopes for today. Going away on Tues and wanted them to take with me.

Inserting my Shure 530s in my ears whilst away will never have been combined with such a feeling of regret before! Lol !

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #745 of 3,098

Not when I send something - this is an extra service depending on the info people choose to use. When I book a courier, sending a text is optional and costs a bit more and relies on the buyer actually giving me contact details to use for this purpose.

There's also the Data Protection Act aspect of providing a third party like UPS with information like email addresses without prior consent - if there's a chance UPS will start sending me spam email or selling on my data, I'd rather not get the advanced delivery notice! I'd instead prefer to be notified by the company I'm directly involved with via a web link and the option to log my further details with the courier for updates of my own accord.

Flare Audio certainly didn't ask if they can give contact data to the courier and there was no form or box to tick with Kickstarter to the same effect, so I would not expect to receive any prior warning of delivery (unless anyone has specifically contacted Flare and asked for it).

A boring ramble, sorry!  But don't let a lack of notification get your hopes down. The info about the Flare Y Spice piece though... boo! Had hopes for today. Going away on Tues and wanted them to take with me.

Inserting my Shure 530s in my ears whilst away will never have been combined with such a feeling of regret before! Lol !

I cross my fingers that's the case mate. :D

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #747 of 3,098
  http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649204408-trading-flare-audio-r2a-for-mrspeakers-alpha-dog/

check this out.

A reviewer at headfonics who praised and drooled all over the R2A saying it sounded better than JH16, Z7 and IE800 wants to trade his R2A ($125) for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog ($500).

Quick! someone should jump on this opportunities.

He probably received a review sample for free, hyped it up and then maybe jumping ship before it sinks..  

biggrin.gif

Interesting that the Ad is now marked as 'OFF'. Has someone approached him? Or has he discovered the discussion here himself?

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #748 of 3,098
Yes, he answered in comments to his review of R2s:

Q: Why are you selling a review unit of both the r1 and r2a? This is not allowed and i hope you dont continue selling review units.

A: You are absolutely right and it won't happen in the future. I just wasn't thinking. I did pull the ad. To clarify, there was no sale. It was a trade on the R2A and mine is a pre production, I am also a 3x backer of the Flare Kickstarter and bought more of them for family and friends. There was to be no flip and no income earned on that. I don't really care about owning a pre-release version, I'd rather have the final production version for me. Thought it would be cool to trade the R2A to someone who really wanted the Pre production version. I can absolutely see how that would upset others, so I am very sorry for it. I'll of course keep it and give one of my backed production versions to that other user when I get them.

In another comment he also admitted to slight change of heart and using R2PROs more now than R2As

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #749 of 3,098
I copy and paste the comment and the reply underneath the original review:

Dc • 3 hours ago
Why are you selling a review unit of both the r1 and r2a? This is not allowed and i hope you dont continue selling review units.

24bit Dcan hour ago
You are absolutely right and it won't happen in the future. I just wasn't thinking. I did pull the ad. To clarify, there was no sale. It was a trade on the R2A and mine is a pre production, I am also a 3x backer of the Flare Kickstarter and bought more of them for family and friends. There was to be no flip and no income earned on that. I don't really care about owning a pre-release version, I'd rather have the final production version for me. Thought it would be cool to trade the R2A to someone who really wanted the Pre production version. I can absolutely see how that would upset others, so I am very sorry for it. I'll of course keep it and give one of my backed production versions to that other user when I get them.

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #750 of 3,098
  Yes, he answered in comments to his review of R2s:

Q: Why are you selling a review unit of both the r1 and r2a? This is not allowed and i hope you dont continue selling review units.

A: You are absolutely right and it won't happen in the future. I just wasn't thinking. I did pull the ad. To clarify, there was no sale. It was a trade on the R2A and mine is a pre production, I am also a 3x backer of the Flare Kickstarter and bought more of them for family and friends. There was to be no flip and no income earned on that. I don't really care about owning a pre-release version, I'd rather have the final production version for me. Thought it would be cool to trade the R2A to someone who really wanted the Pre production version. I can absolutely see how that would upset others, so I am very sorry for it. I'll of course keep it and give one of my backed production versions to that other user when I get them.

In another comment he also admitted to slight change of heart and using R2PROs more now than R2As

You beat me to it cuba_guy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back