Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 26, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #721 of 3,098
Has anyone sent the guy an email or posted a comment to clarify? 

Anyway, good luck everyone on getting your R2s soon!   Hopefully this time next week a lot of us will be happy campers!

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #722 of 3,098
  Give the guy a break.  He's only wanting to trade it for something else, not sell it - why is that a big problem?

Issue no 1 is that he speaks very, very highly about Flare Audio's IEM. He went as far as saying it will be his personal Reference Point from now on (paraphrasing here).
How can an IEM be a Reference Point in future reviews if they are selling them.

Issue no 2 is that, some review samples has Review Samples-ish quality to them. Early Productions, Special Markings (Made for [insert name here]), etc. I don't know about every Audio Companies out there but as far as I know there are some that doesn't allow their review samples to be sold. Some samples you have to ship them someplace, some samples you can keep them but you can't sell them. It's written on your Contract and NDA that you have to agree to prior to getting a sample.

Basically my issue about his flipping is that he writes about R2 IEMs SO VERY GOOD so much so that I want to get them immediately (as far as saying it's his Reference Point), as reviewer Reference Point has to mean something. Yet he then flips them so quickly.
I wouldn't be questioning his Glowing Review if only he flips them in like, October or something.

Either way, I can't speak better about this than money4me247 has speak about it... The post is edited as the below parts are the parts I strongly agree with...
   I personally don't really care too much what a reviewer personally decides to do with a free or purchased review item.

Trading a (possibly free) review sample for a higher value item after publishing a review that claims the IEMs reviewed outperform other headphones similar in value to the item that he is trying to obtain via trade does give me strong pause. Writing an extremely positive review and highly recommending it prior to immediately trying to get rid of it does indeed seem to be a quite interesting choice of action that appears a bit contradictory to me.

Basically, reviewers can do whatever they want with reviewed gear,.... I would personally be wary of the content of the review...

+1

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #723 of 3,098
If he's got the pros too then it's quite likely that over time he found the pros that bit more rewarding - some things sound better after a long listen and the brain/expectation bias has adjusted. I suspect that many who have prefered R2As over Pros probably do so because it is closer to what they already know and are unwilling to move so quickly to another presentation.

So, that doesn't mean his view on the sonics of the R2s could be called into question.

I guess what is the point of having a load of review samples hanging around the house? It must be tempting to swap them with people for other things and human nature means that people will be tempted whether that puts them in a bad light or not.

My thoughts on it extend to "That's a shame..."

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #724 of 3,098
I guess people didn't notice his advert for the Flare Audio R1s back in January?

Is still a live advert: http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649170060-flareaudio-r1/

That ad went up at 9am the very day after he published the review!

Maybe Flare Audio is one of the very few companies who haven't asked for their review samples back and that 24bit always sells the review samples no matter who they are?

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #725 of 3,098
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #728 of 3,098
We must be imminent then Toom...

Edit. i.e Maybe this afternoon

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #729 of 3,098
Who has them?

:wink:

I guess people didn't notice his advert for the Flare Audio R1s back in January?

Is still a live advert: http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649170060-flareaudio-r1/

That ad went up at 9am the very day after he published the review!

Maybe Flare Audio is one of the very few companies who haven't asked for their review samples back and that 24bit always sells the review samples no matter who they are?

On the contrary, flare has made it very clear that review units are tp be returned in 10 days and only a very small handful were allowed to keep it them.

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #731 of 3,098
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #733 of 3,098

Users who are viewing this thread

Back