Flame Worthy Thread: I'll Think For Myself
May 2, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #16 of 39
it's going to be hard to take Welly Wu seriously from now on. this is just nutty. Welly, try not to take head-fi so seriously man. Maybe take a break from it, walk around the block, call a girl or something.

May 2, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
i've also noticed alot of threads with rants from people who just want to rant about things increasing lately. i don't see why people feel the need to proclaim that they will decide things for themselves or trust their own ears or whatever they decide to do. i decided these things a long time ago and i didn't feel the need to proclaim it to the whole of headfi, but to each his own, here's to your new found freedom welly, but if you won't take the advice of anyone here or care about anyone's opinion but your own then i really don't see why you'd want to come here at all in the future. all of the above to be taken fwiw,imo,ymmv and so on, of course.

I'm a follower so I'll agree with fyrfytrhoges
biggrin.gif
but joking aside that one reason I rarly pay attention to the TIO. And for the other portion of the forums what start to annoy me more is either tread about how it was so much better in the old days or tread complaining about general behaviour.

About leader what they lead about. I think I second usc goose in this. I don't realy understand the problem. If it's gear they lead about well I'm have noting agains people that are entousiam about their gear at least we know their taste. Ok if a follower is entousialy recommanding gear they never heard can be a problem but beside that.

If they lead about TIO stuff well for my part I know I cannot get anything good by getting emotional and personal about that kind of stuff on a internet forums. As I said I don't visit it very often and when I visit it I'm detached from the the argument. I think for myself. A forum about headphone is not going to change my view and I'm not likely to change anything. They can think whatever they want for all I care.

May 2, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
Hi Wally,

Simple problem with an even simplier solution: you just have to regards these posts numbers as if they were car mileage and his effect on the residual value of the car...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Edwood: 3,417
Mr. PD: 3,364
USC Goose: 2,911
Gpalmer: 2,486
Tortie: 1,579
Fyrfytrhoges: 1,479
Marios Mar: 1,413
Screwdriver: 1,175
GsFerrary: 1,078
Lisa: 978
ipodstudio: 719
Slimm: 120

P.S. I will have to pay the price for this...
biggrin.gif
Response to this will be read only if you have less posts than me....
biggrin.gif

Yippee! I've still got pretty good secondhand value, then,,well a little worse after this post, but...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 39
To me, all post counts mean is that somebody like to talk a lot. It's not a representation of being a "leader", or a guage of the value of what he or she is conveying.

I do see more "bias" (only for lack of a better word) as far as recommendations. If someone with not a high post count offers an opinion or a recommendation, it seems to be met with more skepticism and scrutiny, or just a lack or reaction, than others who may have "higher" post counts or that have been here longer.

But that mirrors real life as well. Anyone with more experience who offers an opinion is given more consideration, as they should. But post counts to me don't equate to experience.

May 2, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 39
This was all a joke about the current state of affairs in Head-Fi, didn't ya know?
biggrin.gif
confused.gif
It's funny to read all of the replies because I'm getting the impression that ya'll think I'm all serious and studious and goal orientated and I got to reach this goal and every word I write is like moving earth, wind, fire, and the heavens above because I wanna be a writer so bad; heh.
tongue.gif
No kidding, man, this was just a joke that only GSFerrari seemed to have "gotten." No need for personal attacks like oh, that Welly Wu, we can't take him seriously. Don't play into my hand like that. It was just a friggin' joke.
rolleyes.gif

May 2, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimm
But post counts to me don't equate to experience.

...they might just show who's on dial-up and who's on broadband..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
This was all a joke about the current state of affairs in Head-Fi, didn't ya know?
biggrin.gif
confused.gif
It's funny to read all of the replies because I'm getting the impression that ya'll think I'm all serious and studious and goal orientated and I got to reach this goal and every word I write is like moving earth, wind, fire, and the heavens above because I wanna be a writer so bad; heh.
tongue.gif
No kidding, man, this was just a joke that only GSFerrari seemed to have "gotten." No need for personal attacks like oh, that Welly Wu, we can't take him seriously. Don't play into my hand like that. It was just a friggin' joke.
rolleyes.gif

Oh no Welly_Wu! please don't say it was a joke, I've followed your leadership since joing head-fi and if I knew your address I'd follow you around your home. You are my inspiration, my god, my guru and I will never stop believing in you my leader
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
biggrin.gif
confused.gif

(...)
No kidding, man, this was just a joke that only GSFerrari seemed to have "gotten."

No Welly, including myself, the number of posters who «got it» is around 50%...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

May 2, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 39
whatever your intentions welly, i think austonia's advice still holds. either that or you really need to take a creative writing class.

May 2, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
whatever your intentions welly, i think austonia's advice still holds. either that or you really need to take a creative writing class.

Ouch!! The bad thing about being in the «other» 50% is that they cared about Welly more than he cared for them...

I almost forgot: Amicalement

May 2, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #27 of 39
I'm confounded by your frequent use of the word "got," Welly. Considering you're an English major in school (at least, if I recall correctly you are...) I'm surprised you don't feel great disdain for the word "got."

Unless you're trying to sound ghetto, or something.

- Chris

May 2, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #29 of 39
'Ugh, unga bunga follower, gugga bugga leader, ugh'

Journal Entry:
"I find myself strangely attracted to the rituals of these unusual creatures..."

ROFL

Why did that SJ reference pop up in my head?

Don't worry, you'll never understand me.

May 2, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #30 of 39
Why did that SJ reference pop up in my head?

Who's SJ?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back