Flaky Headphone Connection
May 4, 2003 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deadlierchair

100+ Head-Fier
I have a semi-nice pair of full ear headphones but in the past few months the connection between the headphones and whatever output source has degraded a lot. It it to the point where I have to hold the cord to the connector at a certain angle to get the full range of sound.

Is there any way I can create a new connection by wiring a new one or can I take the headphones somewhere to get it done?

May 4, 2003 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 5
If they are new and still under warranty, just take them back to your local AKG dealer and he/she will arrange to have them fixed under warranty. In ,my experience they usually just give you a new pair and send the old ones back tot he manufacturer.

If they are out of warranty and good dealer should be able to fit a new connector, or come to think of it any Radio Amateur buddy could do it for you.

Sound As Ever

May 5, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Perhaps this is a silly question, but have you tried cleaning the connector? Have you tried the headphones with different sources to verify that it is a headphone problem and not something else? If that doesn't work I'd take Trawlerman's advice and see if they still under warrenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back