Flage tips and foams - Fitting Questions
Aug 9, 2007 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

momentary_lapse

Head-Fier
Hi All,

I recently got the Atrios M5 and have loved the sound. I use the mid size double flange tips. However recently I have been feeling that the left tip fits really well though the right is a bit loose. When I hear the music there seems to be a balance towards the left as compared to the right.

How do I ensure a proper fit? Should I use the large tips for the right ear? Has anyone faced this ?

Also what is the diff between the foam and the flange tips? Why would anyone go one over the other? Which is better?

Thanks
mlapse

Aug 9, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 3
I can't seem to get comfortable with the flange tips. I've tried them all and given them a fair go I think, but I just can't get a reliable seal. If I move my head the sound often changes because the seal is marginal. So I swapped to the foamies, and I find it's a lot better. The smaller foamies fit, but only just fill the ear, so I'm now trying the larger ones. They seem to be quite good for me.

What am I saying? Try each one for a while to see if you like it, and then use whatever suits you. I think it's very much dependant on the individual.

Anyway, I'm thinking of trying out the shure black olive foamies, but I don't know what size to get (I don't want to buy more than one pack, since I'm in Australia, and it would be more expensive for me to resell the ones I don't like, given postage).

Anyway, don't be afraid to have a different size tip for each ear. And also experiment with different ways/angles of inserting the things. I find the best way with the double flanges (although as I said they don't work well for me) is to push them in all the way (until they are almost poking out my other ear
wink.gif
) and then pull them out just a tad until the seal is good. Might not work for anyone else though.
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 3
hmm. thanks.. i'll try the foamies.. whats good about the shure olive foamies?? i've heard others mention them on other threads .. but what is good about them? how are they diff from the ones which come with the phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back