:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #91 of 838
  Guys, there really is no need to stay in central London if you're on a budget.  There are plenty of hotels a bit further out that are within walking distance of an underground station.  I've often used Premier Inn @ Kew Gardens for example.  Way cheaper than a central London hotel (unless you get a really good deal) and still dead easy to get into the centre.

I live 35miles away from London, 20mins to Central London by Hi-Speed train, 400 yard walk and I'm at the venue, simples.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #92 of 838
  personally thinking you really couldn't pick a better place than London to Host the first European CanJam event... it truly is an amazing city and one that I'm proud of, you won't find a better history and though a modern city you will find heritage all over the place, us native Cockneys are also a friendly bunch who love our beer.

Jude knows he has something special with the CanJam brand and you can be sure that he will be looking at other City's in Europe... lets just celebrate the fact this is the first of many European events(?) which just happens to be in one of the world's greatest City's... I'm in obviously, might miss the Sat, West Ham thingy if they're at home.

Welcome to London Jude & the team, Duncan will be a superb ambassador...
beerchug.gif

I can understand your nationalism, London is a lovely city, probably one of the nicest in Europe.
But one could have also held it in Paris, which is probably more accessible overall and is also not the smallest town around (just saying). 
,Lucky you' to everyone who happens to love around there or has a nice visa for the UK.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #93 of 838
Ill be there

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #95 of 838
One feature of Bank Holidays is they dig up the West Coast train lines. It's probably quicker to fly from the US than travel on a bus replacement service.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #97 of 838
A meet that's close to home!
Would love to attend if I'm in town at the time.

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #99 of 838
Any idea when there will start to be confirmed exhibitors listed? any time soon..?

Is this event going to be so big it will take up both event rooms at Hotel Russell or just the one room like the last two events held there, intrigued as I am trying to contemplate if this will be worth going to both days or just need the one to get around the circuit!

Looking forward to August now but first am looking to meeting anyone that goes to the Cambridge meet next Saturday 25th April. 
Also looking forward to a 2nd listen to the Hugo TT with my own cans this time at the Cambridge meet. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #101 of 838
Is this event going to be so big it will take up both event rooms at Hotel Russell or just the one room like the last two events held there, intrigued as I am trying to contemplate if this will be worth going to both days or just need the one to get around the circuit!

Yes, this will be a significantly larger event than the previous meets. In addition to the two large rooms, we will also have some additional smaller first floor rooms as well. It's advised to attend for both days if you have the time and especially if you are going to want to literally take everything in.

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #102 of 838
  Guys, there really is no need to stay in central London if you're on a budget.  There are plenty of hotels a bit further out that are within walking distance of an underground station.  I've often used Premier Inn @ Kew Gardens for example.  Way cheaper than a central London hotel (unless you get a really good deal) and still dead easy to get into the centre.

This is a good tip. Also, you don't even need to be directly on the tube line. There are for example train stations dotted along the link to Cambridge, which have Premier Inns and quick links to the Piccadilly tube line via trains to Finsbury Park station. The Piccadilly line brings you directly to Russell Square.

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #103 of 838

This is a good tip. Also, you don't even need to be directly on the tube line. There are for example train stations dotted along the link to Cambridge, which have Premier Inns and quick links to the Piccadilly tube line via trains to Finsbury Park station. The Piccadilly line brings you directly to Russell Square.

If I remember correctly, there is a string of very cheap hotels in Tavistock Place, close to Russell Square tube. Not the greatest hotels, but cheap and so central. Been 10+ years since I stayed there so who knows what might have changed.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #104 of 838

Yes, this will be a significantly larger event than the previous meets. In addition to the two large rooms, we will also have some additional smaller first floor rooms as well. It's advised to attend for both days if you have the time and especially if you are going to want to literally take everything in.

Oh, it's going to be big then! I was hoping you was going to say it was been held in the broom cupboard so I could get away with one day there!
I might have to spend two days there now.  Just glad it is a Bank Holiday here in UK that weekend.  

Thanks for clarifying this though ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back