FLAC to .wav converter?
Feb 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
anyone know a simple and free converter I can use? i'm trying to burn my flac files on a cd to listen in the car... but my car can't play flac so i need to convert to wav

thanks

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Feb 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know a simple and free converter I can use? i'm trying to burn my flac files on a cd to listen in the car... but my car can't play flac so i need to convert to wav

thanks

Wait a moment. If you're just trying to burn an audio CD, you can find many applications that can just burn from FLAC. (I think dBPowerAmp can do that too) If you're trying to burn a data CD to be used for audio output, it would be much more worth your while to get something like FlacSquisher and take everything down to MP3 320 or V0.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 7
If you have the flac command line tools installed, you can do this really easily. On my linux box, I can just go to a directory with flac files and go:

flac -d *.flac

This will decompress (hence the -d option) all the flac files in the directory and output the wave files.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 7
you can also use foobar. I use that for all my ripping and flac to wav is pretty simple on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back