Flac to MP3
Feb 1, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foobar can do it very easy for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

It seems to be a little bit limited: it doesn't convert in mp3 at more then 245, so 320 is not possible.
At least in what I have tried, using Foobar's latest beta version.
Not a problem for my mp3 player (Sony A818).
But it would be nice to be able to sometimes encode in mp3 320 using Foobar -- for instance, if at some point I decided to gain disk space on some not so fine concert recordings or music I don't like so much. Ogg could be an option, but it may be simpler to have just two formats for music: flac and mp3.
(I saw in an ealier post that AudioMonkey can convert flac to mp3 320. I'll give it a try if I need.)

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DBPoweramp. It also gives me the option if I want FLAC to ALAC.

+1, use this for all my audio converting needs

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DBPoweramp. It also gives me the option if I want FLAC to ALAC.

x2.
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #20 of 23
+1 for Foobar2000.
My favorite audio application (playback, encode, ...) on MS Windows.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8140david /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to be a little bit limited: it doesn't convert in mp3 at more then 245, so 320 is not possible.
At least in what I have tried, using Foobar's latest beta version.

You specify custom converters in FooBar , so you can setup LAME as a custom (MP3) encoder in FooBar and then you can customise your settings to 320kbps or whatever. It is a bit fiddly but you only need do it once and then save the settings.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You specify custom converters in FooBar , so you can setup LAME as a custom (MP3) encoder in FooBar and then you can customise your settings to 320kbps or whatever. It is a bit fiddly but you only need do it once and then save the settings.

I didn't find how to set up the conversion to 320kbps in Foobar: the best it proposes is 245.
How do you specify 320?

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #23 of 23
OK, thanks!
beerchug.gif

Now I've found it: I just needed to select 'custom' in the line named 'encoder', and then set it up as I want.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back