flac to mp3
May 23, 2005 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dsavitsk

MOT: ECP Audio
Does anyone have a suggestion on an easy way to convert flac files to mp3 files (without damaging the flacs)? I would prefer to be able to do this on the fly as I copy files to an mp3 player.

Also, a programming library to do the conversion that I could write an interface for would be fine, though it needs to work on win32.

-d

May 27, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Been doing FLAC -> MP3 conversion with the transcoding frontend called "Frontah". Needs the respective command line tools in its directory, fairly nice and customizable otherwise. An attempt to do the same with a batch file failed miserably.

May 27, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
dbpoweramp has an incredibly easy interface for transcoding between any format it supports.

this is what i use. it's a snap.

May 28, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsavitsk
Does anyone have a suggestion on an easy way to convert flac files to mp3 files (without damaging the flacs)? I would prefer to be able to do this on the fly as I copy files to an mp3 player.

Also, a programming library to do the conversion that I could write an interface for would be fine, though it needs to work on win32.

-d

Foobar will do it, though I'm not sure if it's only available with the special install... You should be able to right click the selected files and select convert, the first time you do it you'll have to set up a target folder (depending on what mp3 player you're using you may be able to target it directly rather than having to use a temporary folder for conversion before moving the new files to the mp3 player with its software) and the default conversion setting (LAME Alt-Preset-*, OGG, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back