FLAC to iTunes?
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone tell me how I can convert a FLAC file so I can get it to iTunes without losing any data? My LAME encoder only allows up to 320 kbps. Thx in advance
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 7
The program Max offers pretty painless conversion between just about any audio format you can imagine. Check it out and post here again if you have trouble with it.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention Max is Mac only. For a second there I was stuck in 2002 when using iTunes meant you were on a Mac.

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me how I can convert a FLAC file so I can get it to iTunes without losing any data? My LAME encoder only allows up to 320 kbps. Thx in advance
biggrin.gif

Just decompress the FLAC file to WAV, then drag it into iTunes. Presumably you don't want to keep it as WAV, if so, use iTunes to convert it to ALAC (Apple Lossless).

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use dbPoweramp

Second that. I just converted 10,000 FLAC files to Apple Lossless using dbPoweramp's batch converter. Great program.

Feb 19, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second that. I just converted 10,000 FLAC files to Apple Lossless using dbPoweramp's batch converter. Great program.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I've got the program, any chance of maybe a SMALL tutorial as to how to get from screen one to converting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back