flac players
Apr 22, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 17
Native Players not sure about, but any player that can be Rockbox'd can play flac.

You should do a search as this topic has been asked before on several occations.

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 17
Rio Karma,
most iaudio players

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 17
Trekstor Vibez. A German attempt at "the next Rio Karma". Looks like a top-down symmetric Barbapapa. I've never listened to it, though.

trekstor-vibez-440x330_1.jpg

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hold up, do the other cowons not play flac then?

Most, if not all, Cowons play FLAC. Some didn't have FLAC support at first, but they do now after a firmware update.

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 17
phew, i was think of gettin one of them. if only they release one with high capacity/small size.
back to the point. there really is no point of puttin flac on your mp3 player, chances are, unless you are using an amp with very high end gear, you wont hear the difference. also the battery life is much shorter. just use mp3 lame VBR V0 format.

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
phew, i was think of gettin one of them. if only they release one with high capacity/small size.
back to the point. there really is no point of puttin flac on your mp3 player, chances are, unless you are using an amp with very high end gear, you wont hear the difference. also the battery life is much shorter. just use mp3 lame VBR V0 format.

its not just the quality, its the file size also

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #13 of 17
Doesn't iRiver support FLAC? It's so long since I Rockboxed my 120/140 I can't remember if the original firmware does.....

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #14 of 17
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/no...killer-316007/

The Nokia Tablet belive it not, it has micro-usb output compatible with USB DAC's with ASIO. This thing has a better and shlightly bigger screen than the iPod Touch. Using other players such as VLC and Canola2 i can play anything with Last.Fm Support.

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by x-kevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey thanks everyone, i love how i post something this afternoon and get an answer just 3 hours later
smily_headphones1.gif

Head-Fi it is...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back