FLAC or 328 kbps MP3?
Dec 27, 2004 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

null

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys! Quick question. I just got a Rio Karma and I will be recieving ER4ps very soon. I was planning to use 328 kbps EAC-ripped LAME-encoded mp3s, but I'm not sure how revealing the ER4ps are. Should I encode in FLAC instead? Thanks.

Dec 27, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 6
Try some of your favorite test tracks in both formats, and if you can't tell the difference or don't care for it enough to warrant the space used, go with the mp3.

Dec 27, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 6
null, why must you use grotesque avatars all the time?
rolleyes.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
null, why must you use grotesque avatars all the time?
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps to make a name for himself. We now know null as "the freaky avatar guy". Heh, you know what they say, any publicity is good publicity.

Dec 27, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 6
You said you could use FLAC, which makes me assume you have original CD copies of everything or lossless downloaded copies.

I'd go with lossy.

If you're going to use lossy, there's no reason to go MP3. Use Vorbis. It will sound better at a lower bitrate, and it will sound much better than MP3 at the same bitrate. Vorbis -q6 will give you 192k VBR files, so you can fit lots on the player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks guys. Actually I don't have a lot of CDs currently (but I buy new ones frequently) and I don't usually like every song/want to rip every song on the CDs I own. I decided to go with 320 kbps MP3, simply because of space for future songs, but more importantly, battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back