Flac on my ipod...
Jul 26, 2006 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

benton

100+ Head-Fier
Well I am a noob and neep help. I am so confused with trying to get my music to flac. I want to put my music into flac, then the flac files into rockbox on my ipod. I have been googling and what not but am left confused and annoyed. Can someone link me or explain to me simply, how do I do this. I want to put in CD, encode CD to flac. How do I do this? I already have Flac Frontend installed, but what from there?

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Well I am a noob and neep help. I am so confused with trying to get my music to flac. I want to put my music into flac, then the flac files into rockbox on my ipod. I have been googling and what not but am left confused and annoyed. Can someone link me or explain to me simply, how do I do this. I want to put in CD, encode CD to flac. How do I do this? I already have Flac Frontend installed, but what from there?

the freeware player cdex has got a flac plugin onboard, you can rip cds directly into flacs,

i use this method

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Can you please send me a link or something?

I have seen many people talking about flac and how great it is so obviously many people here have there CD's converted to flac. What program do you guys use?

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 7
here you go: http://users.pandora.be/satcp/eac-qs-en.htm this will not only tell you how to install everything to rip and encode to FLAC but it'll give you the links for the necessary software. then go to rockbox.org and follow their instructions for installing rockbox on your ipod. you will then be able to copy files onto your ipod using Windows Explorer.

good luck!

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks a lot guys. I did try googling but I could not find anything that was exactly what I was trying to do in simple instructions. I am a complete noob when it comes to flac and what not but I don't really care. Thanks again for the help.

By the way, I already have rockbox and iPod linux installed, I am just trying to get my CD's to flac to put on my iPod.

Jul 26, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 7
http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=14081

This is the step-by-step instructions I followed, and knew nothing of EAC and FLAC before I found this.
It took a little while to get familiar with all the tweaks, but its a great program I think.
Hope it helps you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back