Flac help
Sep 28, 2016 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SeabeeRob213

New Head-Fier
New here, I just downloaded some flac from hdtracks, I'm wondering how to get it onto my fiio. I have put many wma lossless cd rips with no issue, but when I put flac on my SD card, it always disappears when I put it into a device. I downloaded jriver, made sure the files didn't download into vlc, and still have the issue. I reformatted the card, and then went back to fat32, but still no luck. I use a fiio x3 gen 1, and San disk sdhc class10, 32gb right now. They play just fine through the laptop with my nuforce with pangea,and grados. I've tried withe the card in the player and USB, the card in the SD to micro SD adapter, and USB to micro SD adapter, neither of those made a difference aside from transfer speed. Can a guy get some help?

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Jriver sees the card as an android device, it seems the backup info I thought I had deleted, found it's way back to the card. I'm wiping the whole card now that I have backed up the music on it, wiping it again, followed by a reformat. Maybe if it stops thinking g it's my tablet, it will work as a storage device.

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 6
Interesting. I have a Fiio X5II and was having similar issues. I would put the flac files in with the other wav, mp4 etc files. But when I went to the catagory, all were gone except the flac files. So I searched the browse files, and all the different files were there. Try searching, artist , album, and the browse file category.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Jriver sees the card as an android device, it seems the backup info I thought I had deleted, found it's way back to the card. I'm wiping the whole card now that I have backed up the music on it, wiping it again, followed by a reformat. Maybe if it stops thinking g it's my tablet, it will work as a storage device.

Did you update the media library after adding the flac?  You won't see it in category mode if you didn't.  Otherwise, goto folder browsing and see if you see it there.  It sounds like you need to update the library though.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 6
Yes I did, it wiped the flac from the card, the flac works just fine if I wipe the wma from the card though.So I will wait till I'm home with my own computer to convert all my cds rips to flac, since I can't find a lot of it in a quality better than cd.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 6
I think the card is just fubar, even when I wipe it and reformat, the second I close the window on the computer, and open it back up to make sure it worked, there's 16gb of stuff still on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back