Flac files to my iphone!
Oct 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lofthanza

100+ Head-Fier
I have flac files I want to transfer and play in my iphone. itunes doesnt seem to allow this. I downloaded the free flac player+. It is asking me to do a sync between the app and the computer. Does anyone know what that means or how to do it? Or if you just know any way i can play these flacs on my iphone. I hope solutions do not include converting files. Thank you!

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 11
I found this info somewhere
if you installed FLAC Player+ via the App Store directly from your iDevice, you’ll need to perform a Sync now to get the FLAC Player+ App on your computer.

I am still totally new to the iphone-itunes world
and i dunno how to do this

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 11
If you have saved the FLAC files to your computer, connect your iPhone and open iTunes. In iTunes click the "apps" button and scroll down until you see your "FLAC Player+" app and on the right at the bottom it should say "Add". Click "Add" and find the FLAC files on your computer and drag and drop. It should copy it over to your iPhone and you are good to go.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #7 of 11
I personally use the Flac Player+ app on my iPod touch 4th Gen, works just fine for me, but you could easily just convert them to ALAC, although I have no personal experience doing this. 

EDIT: Oh wait I'm an idiot, you were asking for help with this app. Seems like you got an answer, so I'll just leave now :|

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 11
Well great!
Can I ask how you did so? because I've heard that ALAC is easier than fiddling with the Flac Player+ app, I had quite some trouble getting my older iPod to be compatible in the first place.
Once you convert them to ALAC, do you simply open them with itunes and then sync them over to your phone?

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #10 of 11
Well great!
Can I ask how you did so? because I've heard that ALAC is easier than fiddling with the Flac Player+ app, I had quite some trouble getting my older iPod to be compatible in the first place.
Once you convert them to ALAC, do you simply open them with itunes and then sync them over to your phone?

Well, it is easer and great sounding? Still if your interested in hearing HD 24 bit/96 kHz tracks on an iPhone with iOS 7 and above, the VLC player gets added as a phone app, the files can be added to the app in iTunes.

Not as smooth as using the standard method with an iPhone or iPod Touch, but it sounds great even though your products DAC limits out at 24/48.

Great for movies with an iPad too.

VLC player is free at the Apple App Store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back