FLAC/EAC question
Oct 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
I figure this this the best forum to post this question. I keep reading a lot about FLAC for music, doing some minimal googling I read essentially it means no data is lost from a cd, where as .wav and mp3's do. I know EAC can rip your music into .wav that will then allow you to turn them into FLAC. The question I have is how do you turn them into FLAC, it looks like you need an external encoder? whats the best one to use?

any feedback is appreciated

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 5
The official one I would guess.. FLAC - download
Although there are other FLAC encoders, like ex. Flake -> Flake: FLAC Encoder

With WAV you can loose audio data, but most often not. The WAV container can store lossy audio like MP3, GSM, ... But most people tend to use it for PCM which do not throw away audio data.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the official flac encoder is now bundled with the EAC download

Yes it is. Run through the configuration wizard (EAC menu >> Configuration Wizard...) and EAC should get FLAC encoding all set up.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figure this this the best forum to post this question. I keep reading a lot about FLAC for music, doing some minimal googling I read essentially it means no data is lost from a cd, where as .wav and mp3's do. I know EAC can rip your music into .wav that will then allow you to turn them into FLAC. The question I have is how do you turn them into FLAC, it looks like you need an external encoder? whats the best one to use?

any feedback is appreciated

Follow this and you will never look back.

Properly Ripping to FLAC with EAC 0.99 | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back