Flac Conversion to 320kbps mp3?
Dec 12, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #16 of 51
I've never used Media Monkey, but based on my experience with other media players:

Since you have the Flacs and MP3s in different directories, what about creating different playlists for them? Have a "listening playlist" containing your Flacs, and a "sync playlist" containing your MP3s.

Sorry I can't help more; since I use Rockbox, I just drag-and-drop my music onto my Sansa.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #17 of 51
Hmm, that sounds like a plan, I will have to experiment with that Media Monkey has the capability to rearrange and customize.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, that sounds like a plan, I will have to experiment with that Media Monkey has the capability to rearrange and customize.

I have 2 separate folders one called Music FLAC and the other called Music MP3 with all my **** in them.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #19 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 2 separate folders one called Music FLAC and the other called Music MP3 with all my **** in them.

Same here, I also have a ALAC Music folder for my iPod lol. I may be a bit late, but I use Xrecode II. It converts to any format you want from any format, it saved me when converting my FLAC files to ALAC when I bought my ipod classic, I thought I would have to re-rip everything or convert to mp3.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #20 of 51
I will have to look at Xrecode II as well as the FlacSquisher, as you pointed out, I do not want to re-rip all my music as mp3 again.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #21 of 51
Just one question, why do you want a software other than foobar?
confused.gif

For such a task, it does the work quite well. And it's actually simple.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #22 of 51
I'm not a fan of the interface, and I get frustrated trying to customize it.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 51
LOL, that's a perfectly valid reason, I went through that phase too, trying to make foobar look good, until I abandoned and simply chose to have a functional interface.

Finally I got this with is very fonctional, best of all I only need one plugin (foo_facets) and everything else is foobar config without scripts... if you want to try simply use the attachments.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNHchabo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have any feedback on FlacSquisher, feel free to let me know; I'm running out of ideas on how to improve it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Make a Mac version so I can run it on both my computers
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #25 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by khaos974 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, that's a perfectly valid reason, I went through that phase too, trying to make foobar look good, until I abandoned and simply chose to have a functional interface.

Finally I got this with is very fonctional, best of all I only need one plugin (foo_facets) and everything else is foobar config without scripts... if you want to try simply use the attachments.

That is a bit amusing as I have customize Media Monkey to look similar to Media Monkey and best of all, no scripting. The other reason I use it is that you can choose the exact audio device and uses those setting only including ASIO.

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #26 of 51
If you use MM then its really easy to tranfer files to mp3 player, easier than Foobar,
Why you want to have 2 directories of the same music, in flac and mp3?
What if your music library grows too much?
usually I tranfer files to my Zen VisionM, with MM, which decode on the fly flac to mp3,
attach ipod to pc, start MM, click the icon of your ipod on MM, smt you can see it as an external hard disc, just input the supported format, for zen are mp3 and wma, every other format will be converted, configure the way it should be, I use MP3 vb, there you go, of course you have to configure this only one time,
rightclick on some files "send to" the drive corresponding mp3 player,
I use Foo for music, but MM is just better for tranfering to mp3 player, especially if dont use any apple player..

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNHchabo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please excuse the fact that I just registered, too; I've been lurking Head-Fi for a while now.
smily_headphones1.gif

If I may shamelessly plug: I wrote a free and open-source program that sounds like it will suit your needs perfectly:
FlacSquisher | Get FlacSquisher at SourceForge.net

Run the program, select MP3 encoding, change the command-line to "-b 320", and you're good to go.

Personally, I rip to FLAC with EAC, and listen to the Flacs when I'm at home, then I use FlacSquisher to convert the Flacs to Oggs so I can listen to them on my Rockbox'd Sansa.

I hope it helps!

I hate to necropost, but I must say thanks for this app. Managed to convert a total of 750 FLAC files to 320Kbps MP3's in about 30 minutes. (8 threads on a i7 920). One of the fastest I've seen.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #28 of 51
Yup. i7 is pwnage
smily_headphones1.gif
Got mine with HT on (8 threads) at 4.2ghz.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #29 of 51
I know that app is crazy awesome and I love it, especially since it keeps artwork that has been tagged.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunceiam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to necropost, but I must say thanks for this app. Managed to convert a total of 750 FLAC files to 320Kbps MP3's in about 30 minutes. (8 threads on a i7 920). One of the fastest I've seen.

Thanks for the compliments!

When I get the chance I'll fix a few bugs that were filed on Sourceforge; let me know if you have any other feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back