flac analyzer
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alalouf

New Head-Fier
hey everybody.

all i want to do in life is to check if those flac files I've downloaded are real.
checked the spectro, spectrgram and the tau analyzer, none of them worked.
please don't tell me to try the spectro again, i've already checked it on a several number of computers.

any advice?
p.s. if anybody could tell me about an alac analyzer it will be even a greater help.

the last thread on this topic (at least the one i found) is from 2008, i'm pretty sure things have changed since.

XOXO

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi there,

there is a 2009 thread that does link a good software, I use it and it does work. 

This is it:
http://spectro.enpts.com/

Now to determine the integrity of your audio files the program should read the following for the following file types: 16Khz for 128Kbps, 19-20 for VBR and 320KBps and then 22Khz for FLAC/CD 

May I ask where you are getting your FLAC files from? 

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 11
Moriez. it's perfect!

for people who will get here in the future in order to find similar softwares:

you download this software for free, open it and put whatever kind of lossless music you want. if it says that it's 95% accurate (mpeg) than it's fake, and by way more then 5%

i've converted acc and mp3 (192 and 128) into flac,aiff,wav and alac in order to check if the software catch my lies, and it did.
very comfortable, supports many many diffarents codecs. in order to check alac files i had to download the additional codecs file, free as well, cut the alac codec from their, paste it in the codecs folder of the aucd... and thats it. very comfortable.
excuse my English, i'm very tired.

thanks again for helping me check for fake flac / lossless files

in addition it also have a spectrograph. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 11
  Moriez. it's perfect!

for people who will get here in the future in order to find similar softwares:

you download this software for free, open it and put whatever kind of lossless music you want. if it says that it's 95% accurate (mpeg) than it's fake, and by way more then 5%

i've converted acc and mp3 (192 and 128) into flac,aiff,wav and alac in order to check if the software catch my lies, and it did.
very comfortable, supports many many diffarents codecs. in order to check alac files i had to download the additional codecs file, free as well, cut the alac codec from their, paste it in the codecs folder of the aucd... and thats it. very comfortable.
excuse my English, i'm very tired.

thanks again for helping me check for fake flac / lossless files

in addition it also have a spectrograph. 

auCDtect should do the trick.

scanning of a flac file status,"ERROR" and conclusion, "Cdda100%". what does this mean?

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 11
@alalouf, good to read it's perfect for you :)

@rubinstein, a proper help page is about the only thing missing in this software. You could try emailing the author which I tried months ago but had no reply.
ERROR is probably some header problem in the particular file. CDDA100% means 100% probability of being a lossless file.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #11 of 11
in my conclusion, if it says 100% cdda, and you watch the spectrograph that is a part of the basic testing that the software dose, you'll see that the sound keep rising a bit above 20khz, which is the best indicator to show that this file was not compressed in a lossy way.
but i also found that if the song end, or generally have about 5 seconds of silence, the AU will not be sure if it's real, and you'll have to watch it by yourself on the spectrograph, to see if it's just silence or a compression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back