FLAC/ALAC on iTunes but MP3 320 on iPod.
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JuanseAmador

1000+ Head-Fier
Is there a way to do this? I know there is the "256 AAC" option, but can that be 320 MP3?

I want to have all in MP3 and maybe my favourite bands and some special albums in ALAC.

Please help.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Is there a way to do this? I know there is the "256 AAC" option, but can that be 320 MP3?

I want to have all in MP3 and maybe my favourite bands and some special albums in ALAC.

Please help.

Why do you want to do this? The 256 AAC will sound just as good as the 320 MP3, and you won't have to bother with any other program but iTunes. You're just making a lot of extra work for yourself.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 9

Please help.

Why do you want to do this? The 256 AAC will sound just as good as the 320 MP3, and you won't have to bother with any other program but iTunes. You're just making a lot of extra work for yourself.

I know there's no difference, but I also want to be able to mix both AAC and ALAC without converting them myself and making duplicates.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #9 of 9
You can use XLD to convert your files into various formats simultaneously. Create 2 or 3 different libraries and load whichever library you want when you want...to sync your iPod load the MP3...to stream to stereo load your ALAC?

So you could create FLAC, ALAC, and MP3 and put into 3 different folders... here is the link.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/x-lossless-decoder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back