Fixing the problems.
Feb 13, 2004 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Search index issues are popping up. So, search is off. Admins, even if you have access to search, don't use it. I'll be tearin' up the index for a while.

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 14
I hope you aren't wearing your headphones in that position while you work!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 14
I was wondering if his headband was similar to Jordy LeForge's goggles on Star Trek, maybe he can see via alternate frequencies?

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #5 of 14
Thanks Neil.

Being the codeman, you must get paid double what the moderators get.

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 14
The first time I read that I read it as "comedian", not "codeman". :) <sigh> What I'd really like to do is profile every query that makes up vBulletin. When searches are performed the query sizes are as long as 80K (in plain text SQL queries -- I kid you not).

Examining some of the slow queries (the ones that are logged, at least), I'm having problems trying to find out where an index can be better placed, or a query better optimized (maybe with a better JOIN, or even a second/third query instead of whoppin' one).

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 14
By the way, if I were Jordy:

A) I'd have Data fixing this on the double.
B) I'd be having some drinks and some fun with that counselor Troy.
C) I'd get rid of the harmonica around my head and get some cooler looking shades.

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Do the moderators get paid?

No, that was a joke. But Neil does make twice what we do.
Quote:

[size=xx-small]Originally posted by neil[/size][size=xx-small]

C) I'd get rid of the harmonica around my head and get some cooler looking shades.
[/size]

...and you probably wouldn't have those blinky light thingies on the side of your head when you took your shades off.

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by neil

LOL, go Data, go Data!
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by neil

HaHa....great comeback
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 14
Actually it was a painted hair headband, used by girls to push hair back. Uh......anyways.....

I hope you can fix these problems soon. Unlike certain ot[H]er forums that haven't had a working search function in over a year.
eek.gif

-Ed

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Unlike certain ot[H]er forums that haven't had a working search function in over a year.
eek.gif

other forums can be [H]arder to run, especially when they have over four times the members and posts.
biggrin.gif

anyway, good luck on fixing the problems. if it's any consolation, i've felt that the whole forum has been very responsive compared to the last few weeks/months (minus the occasional error, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back