Fixing D66 Eggo's Headband
Dec 3, 2004 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zvio

Head-Fier
well my band broke too and after reading bowerR64's post here about buying the d22 to fix it, i figured, great, more funds down the drain. but alas, i went downstairs and fiddled about on my own to find a solution.

woo, saved my own life. i must have done the most cheap-o solution known to man. I first figured crazy glue would work. unfortunatly, it just made a mess because it never held. so i figured i'd go into the body. i disassabled the sliding plastic adjusters by removing the bolts from the inside of the headphones. from there i took out the metal bit of the headband..apparently it's not plastic at all and a really strong metal at room temperature. it seriously must be some kind of bizzare metal as cold temperature makes it go very limp and pliable. there's been some guys who've reported their headbands collapsing but suddenly fixing once indoors. i think the weather causes the metal to just lose some of it's strurdy chemical property and well, like a wet shirt, it'll lie there, limp.

anyhow, the headphone is remarkable. there are slots for everything once i put it back together (i replaced the original metal band with some thin tin? wires i had from some space model project i did as a kid. it's very bendable and doesn't retain it's shape but it's a decent replacement. ) i had to fit stuff into holes and press wires into little pathways. it's phenominal how organized it is under the shell as nothing else i've ever looked at make sure things aren't messy inside as well as outside.

it looks like crap; it's deformed but it really does the job..surprisingly. doesn't affect comfort one bit. i'm proud of my shoddy worksmanship and lame tactics..they worked. i wont have to resort to buying another headset after all
smily_headphones1.gif

i hope that explained everything..i dont have a camera other than the one on my cell phone and it's too blurry to tell anything anyway. sony really took the time to work on these eggos.

PM me with any questions..this post is most likely incomplete.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back