Fix my amp!!
Jul 13, 2004 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dweebgal

500+ Head-Fier
I guess this is the right place for this.

I was considering getting an amp for my iHP-140, until I realised that I do have an old amp kicking about.

Problem is, some of the soldering is broken, and I am no good at soldering at all, and as I am saving for some e2c's I guess I might as well try and recycle what is after all, not a bad amp.

Some info for you. Source is an iHP-140 (as stated above) the amp will go between this and some d66 eggos and eventually some e2cs.

So, if some very helpful DIY'er could do a bit of a rescue job on this for me, I would be very greatful, (and also find a new case for it more suitable to my source, rather than the hello kitty case i have now!!)

Obviously, I'll pay the kind soul who does it for ther time, and any replacement parts needed.

Thanks very much.

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the move.

As I say I am not too sure of the exact make. Someone DIY'ed this for me a while ago.

I belive it's either a CMOY or they did mention something about a CHA47 (or something like that).

That's really all I know, I'm sorry.
frown.gif

It's a shame I'm such a tard with a soldering iron/on such a tight budget, I've got to stop losing my jobs!

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 9
Maybe you could contact pinkie for help ,just a thought

but by "some of the soldering is broke" do you mean the pads have lifted from the pc board or that the parts are no longer secured well to the board ?

In other words ,do the parts 'wiggle'

**edit*** amazing how many times i hit two keys at once considering my fingers are actually skinny!

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
damn that wasa quick !

thanks mike

The red rickster light flashed in my pinkmobile I came as soon as I could
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back