"Five of the best headphones on the market" Yahoo review (funny)
Sep 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ak-Boss

New Head-Fier
While browsing the intrawebs and starting on my usual homepage, I saw in the news/article section a title that read "Five of the best headphones on the market". So me being into headphones and knowing that the Yahoo journalists who were writing that article probably knew nothing about headphones, I thought this ought to be interesting. And sure enough it was.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/five-of-the-best-headphones-on-the-market.html

In fact what they have done there is quite an achievement. They have made a page long article talking about the best 5 headphones and not mentioned one thing about sound quality. Not to mention their amateur view. For instance best headphones on the market for Pro's, yes that is definetely the Beats Pro... :/ The best premium headphones? Well that goes to the Sennheiser MM550 travel, they couldn't even stretch to a "sound great" comment here, in fact no mention of sound whatsoever, just that they block out noise and have bluetooth technology built in. I'm sold!

I have quoted absolutely everything from that article that mentions anything about sound quality:

"Crystal sound" - Ministry of Sound MOSoo6 (best for value)

"You can be confident of audio quality too as this British company, founded in the 1960's, provide loudspeakers for the famous Abbey Road Studios" (What?) - Bowers & Wilkins C5 (Best for iPhone/iPad).

"A quality sound experience is complemented by decent noise isolation" - Etymotic mc2/mc3 (Best for comfort)

"A stonking sound with deep bass, volume cranked to max without degrading experience" - Beats Pro (best for pros)

And that's the only talk about sound quality you will find in that article for all the headphones put together.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 6

http://www.head-fi.org/t/572158/someone-educate-these-people#post_7761307
Quote:
While browsing the intrawebs and starting on my usual homepage, I saw in the news/article section a title that read "Five of the best headphones on the market". So me being into headphones and knowing that the Yahoo journalists who were writing that article probably knew nothing about headphones, I thought this ought to be interesting. And sure enough it was.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/five-of-the-best-headphones-on-the-market.html

In fact what they have done there is quite an achievement. They have made a page long article talking about the best 5 headphones and not mentioned one thing about sound quality. Not to mention their amateur view. For instance best headphones on the market for Pro's, yes that is definetely the Beats Pro... :/ The best premium headphones? Well that goes to the Sennheiser MM550 travel, they couldn't even stretch to a "sound great" comment here, in fact no mention of sound whatsoever, just that they block out noise and have bluetooth technology built in. I'm sold!

I have quoted absolutely everything from that article that mentions anything about sound quality:

"Crystal sound" - Ministry of Sound MOSoo6 (best for value)

"You can be confident of audio quality too as this British company, founded in the 1960's, provide loudspeakers for the famous Abbey Road Studios" (What?) - Bowers & Wilkins C5 (Best for iPhone/iPad).

"A quality sound experience is complemented by decent noise isolation" - Etymotic mc2/mc3 (Best for comfort)

"A stonking sound with deep bass, volume cranked to max without degrading experience" - Beats Pro (best for pros)

And that's the only talk about sound quality you will find in that article for all the headphones put together.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 6
There are some funny comments after the article as well.  I swear, just when you think journalism has gotten as crappy as possible, someone sets a new benchmark.

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
£350!!!!!!!!! They better be bloody good for that amount of money! Who can seriously afford to spend £350 on headphones?

I lol'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back