Five Finger Death Punch
Nov 1, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 6
Yea I'm a big fan of this band. And I like the new album almost as much as the first. The main thing that I like about them compared to most other metal is the vocals. The singer screams and sings instead of screaming throughout the entire album like most other metal bands.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderloochy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I'm a big fan of this band. And I like the new album almost as much as the first. The main thing that I like about them compared to most other metal is the vocals. The singer screams and sings instead of screaming throughout the entire album like most other metal bands.

*cough*

Killswitch engage- as daylight dies
kamelot- any album
dream theater- any album
Iced earth- any album
dargonforce-any album(not that I'd recomened any of them...)
distrubed-any album
in flames- take this life(that song has some clean vocals I think, as does the rest of the album, i think)

please do not equate metal with harsh vocals

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*cough*

Killswitch engage- as daylight dies
kamelot- any album
dream theater- any album
Iced earth- any album
dargonforce-any album(not that I'd recomened any of them...)
distrubed-any album
in flames- take this life(that song has some clean vocals I think, as does the rest of the album, i think)

please do not equate metal with harsh vocals

I like most of these bands except for Dragonforce, because I can't take them seriously. Kamelot is a little too opera for me, but still good. And by the way I really like the clean vocals in "Take this Life" but I can't stand the rest of the song for some reason. I guess I usually associate metal with bands like Lamb of God, which I like, but I can't listen to a full album because the harsh vocals get so repetitive.

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderloochy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like most of these bands except for Dragonforce, because I can't take them seriously. Kamelot is a little too opera for me, but still good. And by the way I really like the clean vocals in "Take this Life" but I can't stand the rest of the song for some reason. I guess I usually associate metal with bands like Lamb of God, which I like, but I can't listen to a full album because the harsh vocals get so repetitive.

Ya, most people tend to assicate metal with bands like Lamb Of God, which just annoys me... hence why I pointed it out. Ya, I didn't like harsh vocals at first either, first time I heard them I just thought What, but since then they've really grown on me. It might help if you read along to the lyrics in songs that have harsh vocals in them.

I recomened them above, but I'll say it again-- check out Kill switch engages newest album, as daylight dies, has a decent mix of both vocals styles, and the guy has really good clean singing voice. You also might want to check out Demon Hunter(mainly their newer stuff, two newest albums for the best mix of vocals styles, earlier stuff had a lot more harsh vocals)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back