Fitz: Do you actually listen to all those AKG headphones?
Mar 14, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #61 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put as many as possible on your head and take a picture. Bonus points if they're all playing something.

I tried this but it was too difficult for me to take the picture myself after I was loaded up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did everyone read this claim and just swallowed it, or are you just letting it slide? I can't believe how gullible people are.
tongue.gif

Less than a minute... hmmm.

I'll bet my K26p vs. a random headphone in Fitz's pile that he can't do it in less than 30 seconds. Hey, if Cage can do it in how many seconds was that?
wink.gif

I would prefer a third party 'judge' to organize the bet and a minimum number of headphones in the stack. The judge picks out a random headphone, calls it out, clicks a stopwatch and off goes Fitz. Maybe a video clip for proof?
icon10.gif

20 seconds and I might put up another headphone as prize.
evil_smiley.gif

I do not lie!
blink.gif

I work with wire and cable as part of my job, I have a lot of experience untangling wires much longer and more tightly knotted than my headphones.

How do you think the duplicate headphones should be identified? I remember them by when/where I bought them, rather than something like "K240 number 3". If only I had a video camera though.

To test myself I just made myself mentally name off which headphones I had on my desk right now instead of in my closet (without looking away from the monitor) and I got it right. K240 (late production, 1st I bought), K401, K501, K270S, K340, and DT931.

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #62 of 129
headphonesclosetoa5.jpg

This picture was actually never supposed to be posted on a PG rated site. It's an adult experiment that Fitz is conducting. The orgy of headphones is actually a very controlled lab experiment to see if they can interbreed and create an entirely new breed. Please use good judgement when observing this picture with children nearby. Although this may seem shocking and dangerous, to Fitz's credit he does have them checked out at the STD clinic on a regular basis.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #65 of 129
Fitz, I would like to listen to an AKG K240. However over the years they have made quite a few models of the K240. Which one would you say is the closest to the sound of the K701 or the K501? Thanks.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #66 of 129
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did everyone read this claim and just swallowed it, or are you just letting it slide? I can't believe how gullible people are.
tongue.gif

Less than a minute... hmmm.

I'll bet my K26p vs. a random headphone in Fitz's pile that he can't do it in less than 30 seconds. Hey, if Cage can do it in how many seconds was that?
wink.gif

I would prefer a third party 'judge' to organize the bet and a minimum number of headphones in the stack. The judge picks out a random headphone, calls it out, clicks a stopwatch and off goes Fitz. Maybe a video clip for proof?
icon10.gif

20 seconds and I might put up another headphone as prize.
evil_smiley.gif

Im with you. Thats one savage cord tangle.

And its funny how cords have a way of tangeling themselves even when you dont touch them. Or so it seems.

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #67 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headphonesclosetoa5.jpg

This picture was actually never supposed to be posted on a PG rated site. It's an adult experiment that Fitz is conducting. The orgy of headphones is actually a very controlled lab experiment to see if they can interbreed and create an entirely new breed. Please use good judgement when observing this picture with children nearby. Although this may seem shocking and dangerous, to Fitz's credit he does have them checked out at the STD clinic on a regular basis.

Steve, have I ever told you how weird you are?
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And here I thought you'd averted the Curse, Fitz. I see now that you're just going about it a little differently.
tongue.gif

I usually pay very little for most of these headphones. For example I bought my second K240DF for $36. And I originally bought the K240M that I'm giving to Ben for $30. So the curse does not have as much grip as you might imagine.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunMetal One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
darn, was going to post something about that headphone orgy, but got beat lol,
cool.gif
collection tho

You think this is a collection, wait until I take a pic of the non-headphone AKG thing I got today. It is much bigger than I thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz, I would like to listen to an AKG K240. However over the years they have made quite a few models of the K240. Which one would you say is the closest to the sound of the K701 or the K501? Thanks.

I'd say the closest to the K501 is the K240DF, and the closest to the K701 is the K240M. The K240DF has less bass quantity and extension, but is extremely tight and detailed, and has a very fun and lively sound. The K240M has more bass, but is fairly dry and flat sounding, and can make some music very boring to listen to. The original K240 (sextett) doesn't really have a strong parallel in the Kx01 line, in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungoutt1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Im with you. Thats one savage cord tangle.

And its funny how cords have a way of tangeling themselves even when you dont touch them. Or so it seems.

When I originally put them in the closet I had them lined up neatly with all the cords rolled up and tucked under the headphones. It wasn't until I put the Beyers in there that things became a mess. I dunno why my AKGs can't simply get along with the Beyers.
confused.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #68 of 129
I needed a better light for my closet, because the one that is there now is on the side I never open (two sliding doors), so I have to reach across to find the pullstring. So rather than get another boring light to put on the left side, I got an AKG dealer sign instead, which illuminates my AKGs very well.

It lights the closet better than in the pics, I had to reduce the exposure so it didn't look solid white.

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #71 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I needed a better light for my closet, because the one that is there now is on the side I never open (two sliding doors), so I have to reach across to find the pullstring. So rather than get another boring light to put on the left side, I got an AKG dealer sign instead, which illuminates my AKGs very well.

It lights the closet better than in the pics, I had to reduce the exposure so it didn't look solid white.

You are now the official AKG fanboy. Mods?

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #72 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's sweet! Quite a find Fitz.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's... that's just frigging awesome. Can I move into your closet for a bit? I think I see the light.
eek.gif

I think I have AKG luck, because I always find exactly what I'm wanting with anything AKG. I was serious that I needed a new light on the left side, and just so happened to find this dealer sign at the same time.
blink.gif

And my closet rent is $195/mo, which includes unlimited AKG headphone use.

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #75 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LIES. *Awaits title*

Not gonna happen. They wouldn't even give me the title of too extreme even though I'm more extreme than Patrick.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back