Fitting the UE Super.FI Pro 5's
Dec 4, 2007 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TKO

100+ Head-Fier
Recently picked up a pair of these earphones and am having significant problems in getting a seal with the left ear. This is the first time with all other IEMs (Shure, Sony, Crossroads Mylarone, Sennheiser etc.) that I have experienced any fitting problems with either ear. I have tried all the tips etc. but for some reason I can't fit these in the left ear. I have tried them both over-ear and straight-down etc. as well to see if I could cause a better seal.

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Have you tried the FS mod? If not, do a search as some people have been able to get a better fit and they have a lower profile when worn this way.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently picked up a pair of these earphones and am having significant problems in getting a seal with the left ear. This is the first time with all other IEMs (Shure, Sony, Crossroads Mylarone, Sennheiser etc.) that I have experienced any fitting problems with either ear. I have tried all the tips etc. but for some reason I can't fit these in the left ear. I have tried them both over-ear and straight-down etc. as well to see if I could cause a better seal.

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

hi, as you can see, today I've posted my personal feelings about westone um2, just arrived to me today! this is because I've found the same problems for my sf5pro earphones. in fact ue sf5pro are beatiful for their soundsatge, bass response and fun during the listening, but their fit is terrible, no other words! So I shifted to westone um2 , following the advice of many headfiers!

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Have you tried the flip flop 'mod'? That helped me loads. I used the smallest silicon tips for quite a while and would have to adjust them every once in a while. I tried the flip flop mod, but it didn't help until i put the bi-flange tips on. Now they seal great, feel very solid, and i can leave them in for hours. I have the wires over ear too.

A little extra point. When walking around i find having the wires down my back to help. Not sure why. It's as if the little tension there may be keeps them in place even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back