Fitear TG334 VS Campfire Audio Andromeda
Feb 2, 2017 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheSacredSoul

New Head-Fier
Coming from a Fitear F111, which should be my next purchase? Andromeda I can get for $300 more but new. The 334 is used. I've heard incredible things about both and can't decide. Anyone have tried them both?

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 2
  Coming from a Fitear F111, which should be my next purchase? Andromeda I can get for $300 more but new. The 334 is used. I've heard incredible things about both and can't decide. Anyone have tried them both?

(newbie here, so spare me for not getting used to typing on forums...)
I'm currently a listener of both the 334 and 111. And although I've never owned an Andro, I did have a teeny bit of experience with it on several occasions (mostly from store demos and AV shows). So do take my opinion with a grain of salt as I speak from my fading memory of the Andro... Generally I'm confident to say that both the 334 and Andro will be all-round upgrades to the 111 (in terms of soundstage, SQ, imaging... and price:p), but on another hand the two are actually quite different.

What attracts on the 334 is its emotion and its musical-ness, vocal performance and imaging abilities are just extraordinary. *Nearly* unparalleled in the universal iem industry (though contenders are emerging these years like the K10 and OriolusV2 that tighten the competition by large). It really boils down to the genres you listen to, I think FitEar still holds the upper hand on female vocals and imaging. But otherwise, the mid-bass response is tighter and soundstage is a tad bit wider on the OriolusV2 with other aspects roughly on par. Moderately coloured signature for a natural easy-listening experience, but not entirely laid back tho.

On the other side of the room, Andro is another all-rounder. It may not have the magical liquid vocals or the comfort (CA's aluminium shells can prove spiky to some ears/ being cold during winter) of the FitEar's acrylic mold; but it is a tad bit more clinical, with a less emphasized bass that almost never leaks into the mids, plus well extended and quite airy trebles. Personally I find not much to fault with the Andro, guess I would've had if I hadn't tried FitEar's vocal "special sauce".

If what attracted you on the 111 were the vocals, I'd say the 334 are more likely to appeal. Andro is more like a complete version of the 111 with a balanced sig. You can try the OriolusV2 as well, gaining huge popularity on the cost-SQ ratio, it may also be an option. After all, it is still best to trust what your ears tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back