fit of HD495
Nov 30, 2001 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Goober

Head-Fier
Any comments on how well they stay on. I've heard they fit really loose and I have a pretty narrow head. Do they fall off if you look down?

I wouldn't even be considering them right now if it wasn't for Gluegun pointing out where you can get them for $50. I figured they might be a good yet cheap headphone to practice building an amp with. I also wonder if my sound card can power them enough until I could build an amp.

Dec 1, 2001 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Goober
...if it wasn't for Gluegun pointing out where you can get them for $50.

Must've missed that post. Where can one get them for $50?

Dec 1, 2001 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Any comments on how well they stay on. I've heard they fit really loose and I have a pretty narrow head. Do they fall off if you look down?

They are rather lightweight and they do not clamp/press against the ears as hard as other supraaural headphones I have tried in the past. Since the construction is plastic, you cannot bend the headband.

I usually wear them so that the headband goes across the crown (vertex of skull). This way, if I were to look down, the headphones slide very little.

Edit . . . let me rephrase the top portion . . . One could bend the headband extension a little, but because it is plastic, I am afraid to bend them.

Quote:

I also wonder if my sound card can power them enough until I could build an amp.

Yes, any conventional computer soundcard should be able to power them via the headphone or line out jack.

An amp would enhance the sound and increase the bass a bit.

Dec 1, 2001 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I usually wear them so that the headband goes across the crown (vertex of skull). This way, if I were to look down, the headphones slide very little.

So they're so loose they'd fall off if you just wore them straight across the top of the head? I know they're making them light and loose for comforts sake but I just don't see the comfort in having to sit straight up and perfectly still or your phones start sliding around.

Oh well, now that I found out Headroom has them for only like $3 more with shipping if I decide I want to try them out I can send them back if they're too loose or something.

Dec 1, 2001 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

So they're so loose they'd fall off if you just wore them straight across the top of the head?

No, they still would not fall off. In fact, they have never falled off my head. I wear them over the crown because they feel more secure. If I move the headband a bit more forward, then they feel looser.

As you have mentioned, trying them would be wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back