Fit comparison: Superfi.5 Pro vs E5c
Mar 2, 2006 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I own the Superfi.5 Pro and I just can't get a good seal on them. I have tried all the different tips and when I'm at the gym they just work themselves loose.

I used to have the Etymotic with the triple flange and I got a great seal on those things!

How do the E5c's compare on getting a good seal that sticks? Even when you're jogging or working out?

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus
I own the Superfi.5 Pro and I just can't get a good seal on them. I have tried all the different tips and when I'm at the gym they just work themselves loose.

I used to have the Etymotic with the triple flange and I got a great seal on those things!

How do the E5c's compare on getting a good seal that sticks? Even when you're jogging or working out?

I would imagine the E5c would get a tighter seal, for they go in deeper. The Super.fi Pro are known for not going that deep into the ear canal.

Any owners have actual experience between the two?

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the Shure E3c's , since they seem to use the same "nozzle" as the E5 this may be applicable. The Shure seat in much more deeply than my Superfi.5pros , the best fit and most comfortable for me at first was the included Shure foam tips , they also never got loose. What I just recently got for the Shures was the Comply canal foam tips and all I can say is WOW. They isolate fantastically and seal so well it takes a few seconds to properly remove them , I can't see them ever just popping out. They are also very , very comfortable (much more than the stock Shure's). If you need a foam tip for working-out these work great. At $9.97 for a set of 3 they are a bit pricey though.

I have only had the UEs for about 3 days so Im still sorting out the fit and the sound from the tips. At this point I like the smallest , single flange silicone. They don't seat very far in as others have said but I don't have a problem with them falling out also. Im in love with the sound of them though and the isolation is not as good as the Shures. Good luck , hope some of this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back