Fit and finish issue with brand new LCD-4z?
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

drummerdimitri

500+ Head-Fier
So I just got back home after having purchased a brand new Audeze LCD-4z form my local distributor/reseller and noticed something off.

Firstly, the mini XLR jacks are not flush with the magnesium body and one of them seems to have melted internally as can be seen with the excess plastic between two of the gold plated XLR pins.

Is this normal? Should I worry about it? Do I ask for a replacement unit or a refund?

Please advise.
VQBVhpg
1nLhwHt

https://ibb.co/VQBVhpg
https://ibb.co/1nLhwHt

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 11
I sold them so I don’t have them anymore.

DO NOT REMOVE THE EARPADS!!!

The earpads can only be changed by Audeze. If you change them, you will void your warranty. This rule only applies to the LCD4 and 4Z models.

I wont dont worry. Will follow up with my dealer tomorrow to get a refund or a replament thanks!

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 11
What were your thoughts on the 4z's? I just got mine today and really like them so far. I have them paired with a DHC copper/silver combo cable.

I thought they were pretty good but sounded better with Dekoni pads. If someone has a decent amp with enough power to drive the 4, I think the 4 is the better sounding headphone.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #8 of 11
I thought they were pretty good but sounded better with Dekoni pads. If someone has a decent amp with enough power to drive the 4, I think the 4 is the better sounding headphone.
Im currently using (for the most part and most listening sessions) my AK SP2000CU as the source for these. Im at around 110-120 on the volume most of the time with these and the max is 150 volume units for this player.

in what ways did the Dekoni pads help and what difference did you notice from the swap? Were there specific pads you recommend. I thought I read that if I take the OEM pads off that it will the warranty, any knowledge on this too? Thanks.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 11
Im currently using (for the most part and most listening sessions) my AK SP2000CU as the source for these. Im at around 110-120 on the volume most of the time with these and the max is 150 volume units for this player.

in what ways did the Dekoni pads help and what difference did you notice from the swap? Were there specific pads you recommend. I thought I read that if I take the OEM pads off that it will the warranty, any knowledge on this too? Thanks.

Yes, if you remove the earpads yourself to change them, you will void the warranty. DO NOT DO THAT!

I had my pair sent to Audeze to have my pads changed, and the entire process was annoying. That is why I will no longer buy any products by Audeze. Having glued on/adhered on earpads for headphones that cost $4000 is just mind-blowing ridiculous. I have given a complete account of all that transpired on this thread. You will have to go back and search a little.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Yes, if you remove the earpads yourself to change them, you will void the warranty. DO NOT DO THAT!

I had my pair sent to Audeze to have my pads changed, and the entire process was annoying. That is why I will no longer buy any products by Audeze. Having glued on/adhered on earpads for headphones that cost $4000 is just mind-blowing ridiculous. I have given a complete account of all that transpired on this thread. You will have to go back and search a little.
I will def take a look. I love the actual sound quality of them, but heard a lot of other bad things about these, so I hope they dont break down on me anytime soon.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back