Fish Supplies
Aug 24, 2003 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

disturbed

500+ Head-Fier
I was looking for fish supplies where I live and I discovered one thing: the supplies are abysmal. Nothing is available for freshwater fish.

My lovely Orandas fell sick with stuff like anchor worm and I couldn’t even find the medicine I need for them here. What? Why sell fish if you don’t have meds? Obviously, the government here doesn’t care and I have learnt my lesson.

They died because I couldn’t find the antibiotics they needed. The loss has hit me hard. It is like losing a long time companion. Ahh … they were so silly trying to swim against the current coming from the aquarium filter.

Since people here come from all around the world and share many different hobbies, why not ask here?

My question is: does anyone know of any online pet supplies seller who can deliver to the United Arab Emirates, Dubai? I do know that most US retailers/wholesales won’t deliver here.

Damnit I need to save my fish and turtles if they are sick. If I won’t then who will? I know that many US and other retailers around the world are willing to help but most of them have poor response systems when it comes to email replies. Even calling some was not very fruitful.

Unless, someone here is kind enough to buy and then ship to me?

I would greatly appreciate any help
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 5
disturbed, What do you need? I'll check some pet stores around here and send them out to you np. If you can get me a good, generic description of the product will help.
cool.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

edit: save the fish!

Aug 25, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 5
The two largest pet suppliers on the net appear to be Drs. Foster and Smith, and Pet Solutions. However, it appears that neither ships internationally, except PS which appears to ship to american military APO type addresses. If you can overcome this hurdle, they were excellent companies the last time I dealt with them.

The best I could find that met your needs in a short Google search is www.PetMeister.com Their selection of medicines is nothing like the two places above, but they do appear to ship internationally, and may be able to help. Be aware that I have not personally done business with them, and can not vouch for their business practices.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back