Fischer Audio FA-002W's
Feb 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vese

100+ Head-Fier
Any opinion on these HP's? I havent seen much talk about them but they really intrigue me. How do the headphones compare to others in their price range and how does the wood really effect sound quality/isolation etc? 

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 2
Any opinion on these HP's? I havent seen much talk about them but they really intrigue me. How do the headphones compare to others in their price range and how does the wood really effect sound quality/isolation etc?

This is a very old thread, but these headphones are still worth owning due to their amazing detail and articulation and they become better and better over the years. But the plastic yoke on the headband that holds the earcups in place recently cracked and broke off and I cannot repair it or get a replacement part.

I really like their mid range tuning.

These comments are on the so-called High Edition version (not the other version reviewed by headfonics). The FA-002W are no longer made. But they are sometimes sold online (used) for not that much money and are worth a try in my opinion. You may love them if you are in the market for a closed back headphone with good isolation and potential for excellent sound reproduction with a warm sounding amp.

See the absolutesound.com review linked below on the High Edition for more info, including suitable amplification.

Mine had the amaranth cups as did the pair that the absolute sound reviewer tested. These headphones came from the factory with metal cups which can be used in place of the wood cups if desired.

I hope to find another pair on audiogon or usaudiomart someday. I miss listening to these headphones.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/ar...er-series-high-edition-headphones-playback-49

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back